Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Very Low LSAT  (Read 6087 times)

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Very Low LSAT
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »
all (s)he needs to do is score 15-20+ points higher, write an addendum and all will be forgiven.

two scores in the 140's could make 1 score in the 160's an unlikely scenario.

JaimeNina

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 06:09:39 PM »
all (s)he needs to do is score 15-20+ points higher, write an addendum and all will be forgiven.

Do you really think that a school would completely ignore 2 scores in the 140s just because you had one score of 158? Even if they said they'd take the highest score, I don't really think they will.

jazzband

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 06:48:14 PM »
yeah, I think so.  that's a big jump.  it could work wonders with the right addendum.
Esli by da kaby, vo rtu by vyrosli by griby, I byl by ne rot, a tsely ogorod.

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
I want to add, especially as someone who did do a retake, that I think the OP can make a big improvement, just maybe not 20 points, which would be a lot for anyone.  I don't, however, think that a huge improvement will forgive everything.  A lot of schools state that they average, and they do, no matter what the scores.

jazzband

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 06:54:51 PM »
I want to add, especially as someone who did do a retake, that I think the OP can make a big improvement, just maybe not 20 points, which would be a lot for anyone.  I don't, however, think that a huge improvement will forgive everything.  A lot of schools state that they average, and they do, no matter what the scores.

ok, don't apply to those schools.  i don't think it's that difficult to make a 20 point jump if you're on the low end (120-135).
Esli by da kaby, vo rtu by vyrosli by griby, I byl by ne rot, a tsely ogorod.

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 06:55:58 PM »
ok, don't apply to those schools.  i don't think it's that difficult to make a 20 point jump if you're on the low end (120-135).

I'll agree with that.  If you're at 120-130, you're missing the basics, which means you don't need to pick up on anything too complex to gain maybe 15-20 points or so.

finally

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »
Watch out sweetie.  I had a very low LSAT, took it again and only got 2 points higher (after I paid $$$ for a course and a ignorant private tutor).  Remember that if schools average the scores it's divisible by 3 (if you retake it) and not 2.  Which basically means that you will have to do extremely well on the next one.  I'm riding on my work/community service and GPA.   I agree that an addendum is in order. 

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »
Having to average ba-lows.  You watch people with your higher score get into schools you can't get into with your averaged score, and you know you're just as capable on the lsat as they are.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »
Thank is why I think it is very important to find schools that only take the higher LSAT!! ie "Villanova, IU- Indy, Pitt, FSU, etc.. There is a huge list around somewhere! check lawschoolnumbers.com  There is a link on that site!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 07:12:09 PM »
Thank is why I think it is very important to find schools that only take the higher LSAT!! ie "Villanova, IU- Indy, Pitt, FSU, etc.. There is a huge list around somewhere! check lawschoolnumbers.com  There is a link on that site!

It's no mystery why I'm headed to Nova, and got a scholarship at Pitt, while waitlisted at Rutgers and rejected at Temple.