Law School Discussion

« on: February 22, 2006, 09:11:19 AM »

SFnative

Re: California schools that favour G.P.A....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:25:40 AM »
Hey,
   I am hoping to attend law school in California in 07. I think my G.P.A. (around a 4.0) ia going to be comparatively stronger than my LSAT score (hopefully 160 or a little above).
   Does anyone know if there are any California schools that take G.P.A. into account more than others? I really need to land a full scholarship, or close to it, but realistically I don't know how likely this is. It seems that everyone on full scholarships has LSAT scores of 165 plus, no what what school in California they are at.
   Any thoughts? Thanks.

Berkeley aka Boalt but you prob need higher lsat for scholarship....

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »
I think you may need higher than 160 at Boalt, even with a 4.0

They are probably the biggest GPA school, however, so if you are going to have a shot at the t14 with a 4.0 couples with a lower LSAT, Boalt would be your school.

SFnative

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »
Hey,
   I am hoping to attend law school in California in 07. I think my G.P.A. (around a 4.0) ia going to be comparatively stronger than my LSAT score (hopefully 160 or a little above).
   Does anyone know if there are any California schools that take G.P.A. into account more than others? I really need to land a full scholarship, or close to it, but realistically I don't know how likely this is. It seems that everyone on full scholarships has LSAT scores of 165 plus, no what what school in California they are at.
   Any thoughts? Thanks.

ah, Paddy, you are english. I see why funding is a question since you might not get federally gurateed loans. Where are you from in england? I am also in england right now.