Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Washington!  (Read 5932 times)

apologist

• View Profile
Re: U of Washington!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 08:23:59 AM »
i called a few days ago and they told me that they had reviewed my application once, but were unable to determine whether to accept or reject me, so they were going to hold it over until the end to make a decision.  so, i guess i'll be waiting another month -- i guess this is better than an automatic ding.  this could also be the case with a lot of you who are still waiting.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 12:13:40 PM »
i called a few days ago and they told me that they had reviewed my application once, but were unable to determine whether to accept or reject me, so they were going to hold it over until the end to make a decision.  so, i guess i'll be waiting another month -- i guess this is better than an automatic ding.  this could also be the case with a lot of you who are still waiting.

Thanks for the info.   I feel like I have been "unofficially deferred" at a number of schools (like it sounds like you were at UW, had you not called and found out about being deferred).   Besides EA schools, I guess it doesn't really make much sense to go out of their way to inform people of a deferral.  "Just so you know, we still have nothing for you!"  :D  Good luck on the final decision!
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

letitbe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 12:18:22 PM »

apologist - what are your numbers (in-state/out-state)?  It appears on lsn that they are holding off on deciding for most of their in-state applications until they deal with all of their out-of-states.  Most of the rejections are for out-of-state people right now. 

phooey

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »
"It appears on lsn that they are holding off on deciding for most of their in-state applications until they deal with all of their out-of-states.  Most of the rejections are for out-of-state people right now."

That's a good point.  Looks like most of the acceptances are for out-of-state as well.  I guess they are just putting the in-staters off till the end.  damn!

apologist

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »
my numbers are on lsn at: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=apologist

as you can see, i'm out of state, but not very far from being an in-stater.

peabody

Re: U of Washington waiting...
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 04:31:05 PM »
I thought I'd revive this thread.  We're getting down to the wire, and I'm expecting my waitlist/denial any day.  If anybody here's recent news, make sure to post.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 06:04:20 PM »
I spoke with someone on the phone last week (I broke down and called because I wanted to set up a visit). She was very quick with a response once I gave her my info (So either has a computer to type it into or had a list).  She told me my app was in the final phase, and a decision would be made the week of the 27th.  I asked if could call back then to find out a decision since it was close to deposit deadlines...she paused and seemed hesitant.   She told me that they would likely e-mail decisions at that point since it would be so late.  Not sure if they would only e-mail acceptances or rejections as well (or if they really will do that at all, might have just been trying to get me off her back).
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington

phooey

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 06:57:51 PM »
I spoke to her last week too and she said the final committee was beginning to review files, whatever that means.
I wonder if anything has gone out at all since then.  It seems like there are so many apps still pending.

Someone on LSN is showing they were deferred, then accepted.  How is that possible?

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »
Hey, I just heard from UW via e-mail.....I started a new thread about it, http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,57539.0.html
I'll give you a hint, I moved it to a different topic board  ;)
8) Boston College

phooey

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 11:56:16 AM »
Congrats!