Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Washington!  (Read 5779 times)

buju

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: U of Washington!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 05:41:18 PM »
Got the rejection yesterday.  3.1/168 out of state
I knew the GPA would hurt me so I sent out a lot of applications, but having my first response be a ding isn't a good sign.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »
How UW makes admissions decisions is one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Ha, That is a runing joke with my family.  Wash seems like such a mystery to me in general.   Last year's law books, there was very little info on them, they took a really long time to request my LSAC file and to send my a requested viewbook, etc.   

I feel like a major longshot there, especially reading about all these out-of-state rejections with great stats!   Vinyl, I feel you, as my rock band/music store/photo developing jobs don't look so hot either  ;)
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

doubleloseven

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »
out with 3.38 163 out of state

phooey

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 04:29:49 PM »
They're up to 54 dings on LSN. :(  Looks like they sent a bunch more out last week.
I emailed them to ask which address on my app they would mail the decision to and they mentioned in their return email that "we haven't sent you anything yet"...
I feel an imminent ding approaching.  I'll actually be relieved when it arrives..I can just commit to SU and start planning.  Ugh!  Excruciating.

phooey

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 04:35:23 PM »
Okay, I went for it and asked when I should be hearing and they said they haven't made a decision on my file yet.  Wonder why it takes so long?

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 04:43:44 PM »
Okay, I went for it and asked when I should be hearing and they said they haven't made a decision on my file yet.  Wonder why it takes so long?

When did you apply?  i applied 10/18...still no word.  I am very interested in them, so the wait is not feeling so great.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington

phooey

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 05:05:52 PM »
I'm interested too..they're definitley my first choice. The wait is really hard. 

You've been waiting even longer than me.  I went complete 12/23.  I think they go by completion date there.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »
I went complete 12/23.  I think they go by completion date there.

Ah, in that case, I went complete 11/18.  Did they give you any hint as to when they expect to send out most decisions (or at least yours)?
8) Boston College

phooey

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 05:50:05 PM »
Your LSN says you went complete at UDub 12/6.  Is that right?

They said all decisions will be mailed by 4/1, that's it. 

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »
Your LSN says you went complete at UDub 12/6.  Is that right?

They said all decisions will be mailed by 4/1, that's it. 

Oops, guess you are right,  I must have been looking at the "recieved date" by accident.

4/1, yikes.....I have 3 deposits due that day, hope they don't cut it that close.  mid march would be nice.
8) Boston College