no, constitutional
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
I was referring to their lack of sound legal reasoning...

So was I: remember, I wasn't talking about the health profession generally, I was talking about history of medicine specifically -- and a substantial amount of history of medicine includes history of law.

Besides, how is streamlining laws so that pregnancy functions on the same basis as other medical issues unsound legal reasoning?

Streamlining laws is a political function not a judicial one. In fact, usually when judges get involved laws become more complicated...

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
1. What common law are you referring to?

2. Or when the judges don't like the law.

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
1. I don't know enough health law to dispute you, but, I do know that Roe certainly didn't cite enough to justify its reasoning legally.

1. Oh don't get me wrong conservative judges do the same thing - (the 4th Amend for instance is almost worthless now).

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
This gets me into wanting to understand the original jurisprudence of common law, back to Lord Blackstone.

J D

• Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
This gets me into wanting to understand the original jurisprudence of common law, back to Lord Blackstone.

I'm afraid you have your work cut out for you: Blackstone was actually a comparatively late commentator in the English common law tradition (compared to Mansfield, Coke, Littleton, Bracton, and all the rest).  To understand the common law, you have to go farther back than that.  Take some legal history courses in law school if it really interests you (provided you can fit it into your upperclass course selection.

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
I've read the unabrided Roe it's hogwash.