Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I've been accepted... is a scholarship offer coming?  (Read 871 times)

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've been accepted... is a scholarship offer coming?
« on: February 21, 2006, 09:35:53 AM »
I have a question about scholarships.  Basically, some of the schools I have been accepted to (W&M, WUSTL, UGA) gave me a scholarship offer within the week of my acceptance.  For many of the others, however, I have heard nothing about any scholarship money (Vandy, GWU, BU).  I understand that it takes some schools longer than others to get scholarship info out to the acceptees... but when can I assume that these schools simply aren't giving me any scholarship money?  Will they actually send me a letter saying that I haven't been offered any scholarship money?

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
Re: I've been accepted... is a scholarship offer coming?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 05:44:05 PM »
I have no answer for the OP but I have a similar question for Boston College and Fordham.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 05:46:23 PM »
Dont they all send out a letter in March/April that lays out all of your financial aid...scholarships, loans, grants, etc.?
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

cyberrev

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:34:02 PM »
crap i hope so before seat deposits are due

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:44:59 PM »
I would just hope to get a letter from all schools before the deadline for any of them ....

Does anyone know how re-gifted fin aid works?  When someone's offered fin aid and declines to attend, do schools normally give it to someone else who has already accepted an admission offer or are they more likely to try to entice someone else ???

id love to know the answer to this

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 07:47:14 PM »
I would just hope to get a letter from all schools before the deadline for any of them ....

Does anyone know how re-gifted fin aid works?  When someone's offered fin aid and declines to attend, do schools normally give it to someone else who has already accepted an admission offer or are they more likely to try to entice someone else ???

I highly doubt they give it to someone who has already accepted...think about it, they've already got you...why give you money?  They are much more likely to use that to attract a top student who hasn't accepted yet...or maybe they just don't use it at all for keep it for next year or a slush fund...in either case they won't be giving it to people who have accepted barring extraordinary circumstances
HLS '09

cyberrev

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »

I highly doubt they give it to someone who has already accepted...think about it, they've already got you...why give you money?  They are much more likely to use that to attract a top student who hasn't accepted yet...or maybe they just don't use it at all for keep it for next year or a slush fund...in either case they won't be giving it to people who have accepted barring extraordinary circumstances

*&^%, i hope not.  two of the schools where i've been accepted i have +75% numbers.  damn that oughta be worth something!

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 11:28:26 AM »

sh*t, i hope not.  two of the schools where i've been accepted i have +75% numbers.  damn that oughta be worth something!

I didn't mean accepted at the school, I meant accepted as in those people who accepted the offer of admission...
HLS '09

saltpill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 04:18:10 AM »
tag