Law School Discussion

Poll

140am

• View Profile
Re: So are we just being racist or legitimately concerned?
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »
Agreed. S/he doesn't know that I eat what I kill.  ;)

Nice :)

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2006, 07:10:36 PM »
Who are you, noob?

oh, just your regular friendly canadian undergrad seeking access to elite establishments. And a guy who likes to argue just about everything.

I hope to prove an elusive prey. I have this distinct aversion to being eaten. And killed. Both are bad.

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2006, 06:42:03 PM »
Differences are not the problem. They are to be celebrated and valued. Instead it is translating difference into superiority/inferiority that is the problem. There have been and still are two major trends in the world today - both totalitarian: (1) to attempt to efface difference by pressuring the Other to assimilate; and (2) to ascribe moral value to the differences that do exist. Both should be resisted.

Personally I think totalitarian regimes are underrated as the truest form of political ideology. Totalitarianism as a form of government works as the most efficient system yet created. By its very nature, under a totalitarian system all are equal except one; there is the benevolent dictator and his/her children. Yes there are two small flaws with totalitarian systems of the past, but I believe I have solved both of them, so they will not present an issue as I move forward with world domination.

But what do I know; I have Mao as my ‘Tar. (The great totalitarian despot that he was).

What about everybody else - do you think that the Chairman would make the best totalitarian ruler of all the LSDers?  Would he really be benevolent?  Although I haven't been on here that long, I'd prefer a Bass or Thou type myself. 

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2006, 07:04:24 PM »
I think the criteria should be as arbitrary as the decisions an absolute ruler can make.  Criteria/laws simply get in the way.

Personally, I'm looking for someone in the Platonic philosopher king mold.