Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are MCAT sccores considered in law school admissions?  (Read 1276 times)

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are MCAT sccores considered in law school admissions?
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 11:28:29 PM »
yeah mugatu, I know the MCAT is very difficult, but I still don't think that they are gonna care about it, if the person gets a 150 on their LSAT
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 11:32:30 PM »
but i understand the question, they do take into consideration everything.  But if the GPA and LSAT numbers aren't competitive, the MCAT factor is gonna be like those scenarios where people argue "i know i got a 150, but i have a upward grade trend towards my last week of school, i did the optional essay, and I put pretty little stickers on my personal statement, Won't that get me into G-Town?"

gameswizard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »
Find a creative way to mention it in your apps.  perhaps the personal statement.

After scoring a 34 on the MCAT I felt medical school was definetly the right path for me.  However after further reflection and for these resons I realize that law school is better for me.

This kills two birds with one stone.  You explain that you are intellegent and why law.
I mean I for one am interested in why law for you, I'm sure the adcoms would be. 

sidney

• View Profile
Q
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 12:57:54 AM »
Daveman, here here. Question: "Do medical schools consider your lsat score."? I mean really, what a ridiculous question. No offense intended.

wariya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 01:06:54 AM »
Very interesting...Zoli, I love ya.  You're a male private part, but I love ya.  FYI, I've heard that Princeton, for one, does consider MCAT scores in the law school application.  But, of course (to use your pathetic sarcasm), that must be wrong because the test has Medical in its title.  ;)

Well, tomorrow I'm taking a Kaplan diagnostic, so I will let you all know how a 34 on the MCAT translates to the LSAT.

cayberr

Re: Q
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 01:15:40 AM »
Daveman, here here. Question: "Do medical schools consider your lsat score."? I mean really, what a ridiculous question. No offense intended.

Recently, the dean of my SO's med school was giving a talk about the passage rates on the boards.  I was surprised to learn that the verbal section is the best predictor of med school and boards success.  Naturally, you would think that the physical or biological section of the MCAT would be better suited for this purpose but they're not.  Seeing that the LSAT is more related to the verbal section on the MCAT, there could be a significance.  Besides, when would it ever look poorly for someone to kick butt at any standardized test?

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 01:53:25 AM »
wariya, can you please stop flirting with me?  let us stick to the topic at hand.

Are CBEST scores considered in law school admissions???  Can I submit the results from my eye exam??

squirt10

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 01:56:06 AM »
Very interesting...Zoli, I love ya.  You're a male private part, but I love ya.  FYI, I've heard that Princeton, for one, does consider MCAT scores in the law school application.  But, of course (to use your pathetic sarcasm), that must be wrong because the test has Medical in its title.  ;)

Well, tomorrow I'm taking a Kaplan diagnostic, so I will let you all know how a 34 on the MCAT translates to the LSAT.

Princeton University doesn't have a law school that I know of.  You're in good company thinking it does, though.  A senator during the Alito confirmation hearings confused Alito's bachelor's degree with his Yale law degree and referred to Alito's having attended "Princeton Law."

chastenedaspirations

• Sr. Citizen
  • JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cthenantucketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 01:59:50 AM »
I hear that doubling one's MCAT score and then adding a "1" to the front is an accurate LSAT score predictor.
GPA: 3.8+
LSAT: 170+

wariya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 02:12:39 AM »

Princeton University doesn't have a law school that I know of.  You're in good company thinking it does, though.  A senator during the Alito confirmation hearings confused Alito's bachelor's degree with his Yale law degree and referred to Alito's having attended "Princeton Law."

Oh...I feel like a fool (albeit a fool in good company).  I don't see why they wouldn't look at MCAT scores.  They consider science coursework so why not a test of science knowledge?