Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UIUC vs Wisc - Anyone going to admitdays March 3/4?  (Read 614 times)

ljl3y

• View Profile
UIUC vs Wisc - Anyone going to admitdays March 3/4?
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:10 AM »
Hiya!

I'm doing a whirlwind midwest tour - staying in Chicago and driving down in the early AM on Friday to see UIUC 3/3 for admit days.  then back to Chicago and up again at the crack of dawn to head over to madison for Saturday 3/4.

Maybe Sunday I'll chec out UChicago or make the *gulp* treck over to Michigan (though I don't see an acceptance from either of them in my future, and I can always go back later, right?)

Anyway, I'll be sure to post reviews when I return in a few weeks, but meanwhile - anyone else out there going to either of these events? (UIUC or Wisc)?

There's already some threads hopping for both UIUC and Wisc, but if anyone has specific advice on choosing btewwn the two, let me know.  Finally - anything specific I should check out while there? (specific must-see coffee shops, etc?)
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy

rhythmbomb

• Sr. Citizen
  • ON WISCONSIN!!!
    • View Profile
Re: UIUC vs Wisc - Anyone going to admitdays March 3/4?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 03:04:54 PM »
I can't visit Wisc until I hear from their fin-aid dept. They're taking forever...
In: Penn St, UIUC, Kentucky, Pitt, Wisconsin, Arizona, Chapman, Wake Forest, Richmond, USD, Iowa

Waited: IU-B, Minnesota, UNC
Rejected: Virginia, Boalt, W&L, Wash-StL, W&M

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rhythmbomb

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »
I'm thinking about checking out the Wisc admit days since I'm already here though it is unlikely I'll go to Wisc.  But as for coffee-shops there are probably 3 must-sees, ranked in this order: Barrique's (wine and coffee place near capital square); Michaelangelo's (state street near capital); and Fair Trade (middle of state street).  I really love them all.  There are other good places too but it's a start for looking to find a slightly less undergrad-heavy place to get some good coffee.

chillindave

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 11:48:54 AM »
I'll be at the Illinois open house March 3rd.  I'm staying overnight with a couple of my brothers friends to go out and get a feel for the nightlife.  I'm very pumped to see the school and meet students, I've heard really good things.

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 01:06:54 PM »
I am going to go see Wisconsin because I already went to see UIUC late last year. I actually dropped by unexpected and it was really cool. The students and staff seem to be very friendly. However, the only bad thing was the construction in the library. I can not imagine studying with a jack hammer going full speed right outside the building. Does anybody know when the construction is expected to be complete?

I would have done the UIUC and UW combo but the drive would kill me.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

snowbird

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »
I live on the west coast but I think I am going to fly out to Wisc for admitted students day on 3/4. However, I also am really hoping to hear from their fin aid department first.
going to University of Washington (with some $) in the fall!

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »
I live on the west coast but I think I am going to fly out to Wisc for admitted students day on 3/4. However, I also am really hoping to hear from their fin aid department first.

OMG, I feel like I am doing my taxes with Univ. of Wisconsin's financial aid paperwork.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

squilla

• Sr. Citizen
  • UW Fall '06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »
I'll be in Madison for the 4th!  (can't make the 3rd)