Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thoughts on KU, Nebraska, UMKC, IU-Indy?  (Read 1144 times)

soitgoes

• View Profile
Thoughts on KU, Nebraska, UMKC, IU-Indy?
« on: February 19, 2006, 11:19:41 PM »
I'm really interested in these schools, but I'm way too broke to visit at the moment. Any first impressions or opinions?

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Thoughts on KU, Nebraska, UMKC, IU-Indy?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
cosigned on UMKC- it is a really great area with lots of culture/nightlife/shopping.  There should also be a rnage of opportunity for summer work since it is a pretty big city.
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

soitgoes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 12:25:20 AM »
Thanks for your help. I'm headed out to Kansas/Missouri/Nebraska next week! Good luck with the rest of your apps...

cyberrev

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 01:13:47 AM »
pay attention to them, dont go to nebraska.  withdraw now!

i wanna get off hold  ;D

seriously though, are you going to the mar 25 visit?

soitgoes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »
Don't worry! I just withdrew.  :) I actually didn't make it up to Lincoln after all because I fell in love with KU. I love Lawrence, and in-state tuition seems mighty nice right now. Best of luck to you!

cyberrev

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 09:19:28 PM »
thanks, and the same to you!  lincoln was a reach for me anyways, and i've already been offered in-state at arkansas, so i'm happy as hell regardless.  i can actually afford to go to law school!   ;D

Danni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »
Thoughts on UNL~ GO THERE! The Lincoln is a great city to live in. It's a college town with plenty going on beyond bars and low rent housing. I myself live in Omaha, and will be driving into Lincoln everyday for school. The school is very nice, with recently renovated facilities on the east campus (away from the main campus, which sadly means no gazing at memorial stadium during lectures).

Lincoln and Omaha (might as well consider yourself a resident of both, b/c you can get from Lincoln to Omaha in about 30 minutes (at least to get to mny part of Omaha, which is a suburb city)) are both pretty active places. There's a good bar scene, major concert venues (2 of which are less than 5 years old, and steadily growing in level of acts). Omaha is especially known as a great comedy city, with loads of famous comics coming through often. Lewis Black comes through often to practice new stuff, and Larry the Cable guy is a HUGE Husker fan (and supporter).

Nebraska has a good quality of life with great public schools, low cost of housing and utilities, and plenty of interesting stuff to do.

Hope to see you all there on the 25th!
Danni

cyberrev

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 10:37:33 PM »
Thoughts on UNL~ GO THERE! The Lincoln is a great city to live in. It's a college town with plenty going on beyond bars and low rent housing. I myself live in Omaha, and will be driving into Lincoln everyday for school. The school is very nice, with recently renovated facilities on the east campus (away from the main campus, which sadly means no gazing at memorial stadium during lectures).

Lincoln and Omaha (might as well consider yourself a resident of both, b/c you can get from Lincoln to Omaha in about 30 minutes (at least to get to mny part of Omaha, which is a suburb city)) are both pretty active places. There's a good bar scene, major concert venues (2 of which are less than 5 years old, and steadily growing in level of acts). Omaha is especially known as a great comedy city, with loads of famous comics coming through often. Lewis Black comes through often to practice new stuff, and Larry the Cable guy is a HUGE Husker fan (and supporter).

Nebraska has a good quality of life with great public schools, low cost of housing and utilities, and plenty of interesting stuff to do.

Hope to see you all there on the 25th!
Danni

hey danni, i'm from hastings, my wife and i will be there.  look for the old guy with the cute asian gal on his arm.  i dont have the numbers to get in, but i'll eat their food and shmooz for a while.

unl would be sweet if only for husker tickets at the student rate  ;D

it will be cheaper to commute, yeah, but the thought of that crappy highway between lincoln and omaha every day -- ugh!

do you apply to creighton or even give it a thought?

Danni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »
I did apply to Creighton, and got in. I'm really a huge UNL girl though. When I moved to Nebraska in 94 (I was 14) UNL became my dream college, and when I ended up at Bellevue University for undergrad I set my sights on UNL for graduate studies.

My dad jokes that I committed to UNL when I got a 4in. "N" inked onto my back.

Hope to see you on Saturday, I'll be the mid20s chick hobbling around (having surgery tomorrow, so I'll be sore on Saturday!). I'll probably be wearing my Bmore Ravens ballcap, along with my husband in his South Carolina cap. Wave if you see me!

Are you waitlisted at UNL? I've heard they take a lot of their waitlist, so my fingers are crossed for you. Did you send in supplemental information?

I'm looking forward to sitting in the student section, but wasn't sure if grad students are eligible for student pricing? If so, I'll be over the moon!

Danni

cyberrev

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:46 PM »
I did apply to Creighton, and got in. I'm really a huge UNL girl though. When I moved to Nebraska in 94 (I was 14) UNL became my dream college, and when I ended up at Bellevue University for undergrad I set my sights on UNL for graduate studies.

My dad jokes that I committed to UNL when I got a 4in. "N" inked onto my back.

Hope to see you on Saturday, I'll be the mid20s chick hobbling around (having surgery tomorrow, so I'll be sore on Saturday!). I'll probably be wearing my Bmore Ravens ballcap, along with my husband in his South Carolina cap. Wave if you see me!

Are you waitlisted at UNL? I've heard they take a lot of their waitlist, so my fingers are crossed for you. Did you send in supplemental information?

I'm looking forward to sitting in the student section, but wasn't sure if grad students are eligible for student pricing? If so, I'll be over the moon!

Danni

no, i'm deferred at both UNL and Creighton.  and if i do get in, grad students damn well better get student pricing/seating!  all you need is a student id, right?