Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAFSA and Parents  (Read 474 times)

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
FAFSA and Parents
« on: February 19, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »
OK. Everything official i've read states that you don't give your 'rents info out on the FAFSA if you're applying for a JD, including the FAFSA. I figure almost everyone coming right out of UG is going to have a zero EFC by themselves. I want to make sure my schools know my entire family is poor, so should I submit their tax returns to the schools as well?

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
Re: FAFSA and Parents
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:29:37 PM »
OK. Everything official i've read states that you don't give your 'rents info out on the FAFSA if you're applying for a JD, including the FAFSA. I figure almost everyone coming right out of UG is going to have a zero EFC by themselves. I want to make sure my schools know my entire family is poor, so should I submit their tax returns to the schools as well?

Feel free to do that if you're so inclined. However, most schools will get another crack at your parentsí info when you apply for grants. They'll require s school specific application or the Need Access form or something similar.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

cayberr

Re: FAFSA and Parents
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 10:46:32 PM »

You aren't required to complete the Parent info on the FAFSA but it does give you the option.  So you can still complete that portion if you'd like (but it still won't count towards the EFC calculation).