Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "In at Berkeley!!! No, wait..." Share your experience...  (Read 8761 times)

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: "In at Berkeley!!! No, wait..." Share your experience...
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »
Dude, you're in.
I promise.
The only email that was sent in mistake was the "You are cordially invited" bc non-admits didn't get the 1st email or the matching scholarship email.

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 10:07:19 AM »
GO BERKELEY!!! Stop stressin'!

I take it Berkeley doesnt have a way to check on their website? I had heard some schools did.

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 10:20:41 AM »
Hmm...this can be very annoying so my recommendation is this:
1. Just to be sure call them and ask them 2 questions: (1) Do they send admission notifications via email or should I assume that EVERYONE who got such an email was ERRONEOUSLY notified and should disregard (ergo assume not admitted) and (2) ANYONE who received the YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED email HAS NOT BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION irrespective of what form of communication was previously received..

Just to encourage you, I was once flat out denied admission to my first choice undergraduate institution (even though I met the paper requirements to be considered) but I perservered without bitterness and resentment and 4 mths later I was admitted

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 10:26:26 AM »
Tomorrow is Prez Day--- wont be open, I dont think

person

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 10:32:08 AM »
just to chime in...i'm pretty sure you've been accepted, dude.

i got the error email even though i was actually accepted (awhile back) so just because you got the "invite" does not mean that you have not been accepted...it just means that you were not necessarily accepted.  there was never any mention of an incorrect "admit" email being sent...so you're golden (no pun intended).
Stanford Class of 2009

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 10:34:38 AM »

i got the error email even though i was actually accepted (awhile back) so just because you got the "invite" does not mean that you have not been accepted...it just means that you were not necessarily accepted.  there was never any mention of an incorrect "admit" email being sent...so you're golden (no pun intended).

In that case, it is very likely that Columbiandude made it. So Person, were you first notified of your acceptance via email..similar to the one Columbiandude first recieved?

jeb240

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »

In that case, it is very likely that Columbiandude made it. So Person, were you first notified of your acceptance via email..similar to the one Columbiandude first recieved?

Berkeley lets everyone know first by email.

person

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 10:38:53 AM »

Yes, everyone is first notified of acceptance via email and then receives a packet via snail mail 1-2 weeks later.
Stanford Class of 2009

chidochido

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 10:42:34 AM »
It's gonna be cool calling your family members back for the truth this time! Congrats, colombiano -
Boalt 1L

SkullTatt

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »
Things like the Boalt Email Fiasco of 2006 are the reason why I never believe any good news until it's had at least two months to settle.