Law School Discussion

"In at Berkeley!!! No, wait..." Share your experience...

Stencilasnusky

Re: "In at Berkeley!!! No, wait..." Share your experience...
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 08:02:51 AM »

Yes, everyone is first notified of acceptance via email and then receives a packet via snail mail 1-2 weeks later.
[/quote]

Then enough of my analysis..Columbiandude, pls don't take this too prematurely but.....CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING AN ELITE MEMBER OF T-14 and HAVE A HAPPY TIME AT BOALT!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Just so you know, mine never lets us hear anything via email, except when decisions are made and when apps are recieved. But I guess that's how they do stuff in the south. :)

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 12:31:27 PM »
Thank you very much guys for all of your concern. What I can assure you is that I won't be fooled twice. I will post again as soon as I make contact with Boalt regarding my app.
I dont know if this is a good thinG, but I thank you for reviving a little bit of hope. I promise you that if my acceptance was a mistake I wont be terribly disappointed. Good luck to all of you!!

pass36

• But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 12:44:57 PM »
Dude you are in.

The email they sent by mistake was ambiguous at best and nothing like the one they sent you.  I would suggest emailing them to confirm, just because it happened on their black friday, but you are in.  Congrats! 

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 12:46:24 PM »
man...i really think you are in, dude. but i can see why you are doubting, i would too.

SFnative

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 01:27:08 PM »
I received the acceptance email on Friday night as well as the invitation to the colored event. Since I am Hispanic everything seemed coherent. Besides, I did not received the short apology that most of you received 15 minutes after the initial acceptance email.
Adrenaline flowing trhough my veins, I woke up my wife and called my mom (It made her cry!!) to tell her about the good news. My mother, after we hung up, called every single relative to share the news. On Saturday morning I had 7 messages from different relatives and friends congratulating me. Minutes later, my mom called to tell me that she had made reservaions for lunch at the White House in Anaheim to celebrate...
I cannot express in words the humilliation and frustration that I felt when, at 1:53 on Saturday, I received the "ANOTHER APOLOGY" email. I had to  return every single phone call to explain the mistake and, to my great regret, brake my mom's heart. To my request, she canceled the reservation and we ended up eating at Pollo Loco...LOL
I'm sharing this tragic story with all of you guys so that those who think that this is not a big deal realize the magnitude of Boalt's error. My sincere condolences to those who had the misfortune to live something similar. I know there must be plenty. Schools have no right to play with people's emotions in this way. Any thoughts??

Wow, that sounds horrid. I am sure you will get in. I got the apology email too and I was accepted earlier. I thought the apology email referred to an earlier email I received about matching-scholarships (if I receive any) to other top law schools...that they werent prepared to match n e other scholarships I got, so maybe your acceptance is genuine.

posnerd

• f' off Dworkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 03:05:02 PM »
I hope this is flame.

veg

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 03:14:03 PM »
why? and which part?

posnerd

• f' off Dworkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »
I just think it's silly he can't deduce whether or not he's in or not.
If the information he provided is true, clearly he is admitted.

I know Boalt relatively places lesser weight on the LSAT score... but come on.

veg

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 03:31:56 PM »
I don't think it's that silly. Clearly he thought the email he got was the same as the one everyone that actually was NOT admitted got.

posnerd

• f' off Dworkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 03:37:59 PM »
Note the distinction between an "admittance email" and a "cordial invitation email."