Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boss from college job LOR?  (Read 1031 times)

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boss from college job LOR?
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »
Not all of us know big and fancy lawyers. I've done fine in this process with my mom and pop recommenders. Some of us work for those type of businesses and there is nothing wrong with that. I probably got more opportunities working for a mom and pop than I did in the big corporations.

Just my opinion Queen. Not saying there is anything wrong with working for m&p and having htem write a letter as long as the letter is written well and is directed toward what the reviewers are looking for. The LORs should say a lot of things geared toward someoneís character. I dont know if saying Johnny Joe worked for me for 60 hours a week and thats why his grades werenít very good for the time bc to be successful in school and as an attorney you have to be able to shift gears very quickly.

Wasnt shunning the M&P .. I worked for a lot of them myself even part-time while I was full time school and full time work. I thought about asking for a LOR from a few but I went another route. Just a matter of opinion. Thats all.

I think LOR are really considered in the process. At least I hope they are J

Superlax

• Booyakasha.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 09:42:46 AM »
I mean, this isn't an old man or anything -- It's just a small business that rakes in a LOT of money in suburban Mass. Mom and Pop was a little over the top...it's just a smaller business. Not a rickety old family owned shop or anything of that nature.

He's known me for a really long time, both high school and college, and I have done a lot of work for him over the years -- and he has asked me if he could write one for me.

I promise, I'll get better at including all my points in the first post as we go on. Lol.

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »
Since we're confessing here .. I wont be so judgmental  :o

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 12:24:42 PM »
i think as long as you ALSO have professors write them..which you said you did..and you look it over and write it and make sure you are glowing and great and sound awesome in it...then by all means do it..sounds like a good idea
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »
Obviously donít go overboard ;)  those are worse than none at all