Re: Buffalo (mmm wings)
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 11:52:44 AM »
I gave up on the Bills...Go Sabres though

dococ23

• Spoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »
random, but i told my roommate that buffalo sauce mostly consists of butter and hot sauce. he was floored by this revelation ... apparently he thought it was some complicated recipe.

a textbook case of simplicity often resulting in greatness!

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »
random, but i told my roommate that buffalo sauce mostly consists of butter and hot sauce. he was floored by this revelation ... apparently he thought it was some complicated recipe.

How do you know that's what it's made of?  I would think it would be a lot more like what is in barbecue sauce which is more of a ketchup/viengar/molases/seasonings sort of thing.

dococ23

• Spoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »

How do you know that's what it's made of?  I would think it would be a lot more like what is in barbecue sauce which is more of a ketchup/viengar/molases/seasonings sort of thing.

i have a friend from buffalo, he let me in on the inside scoop. its basically a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce mixed with butter.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 06:54:16 AM »

i have a friend from buffalo, he let me in on the inside scoop. its basically a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce mixed with butter.

Interesting.  I love making sauces.  I'll have to try this out soon.

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 08:29:08 AM »
yeah i'm pretty sure it's frank's red hot sauce mmixed with butter

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 09:42:13 AM »
is there really no one else out there considering buffalo?  i want some more info, at this point i am seriously leaning towards miami despite the difference in cost (no $$ from either).

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 11:07:42 AM »
Noahg, i can probably answer any questions you have. I am right by the school and will be attending this fall.

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2006, 11:47:14 AM »
hey, I just got accepted yesterday to Ubuffalo, my first acceptance. Im strongly considering  it-

I read on the accepted students website that After 12 months of living in NY STATE you can apply for in state tuition... That would bring the average cost to only 14 thousand a year!
Hard to beat that price.  Even though I hate cold weather, I think I can deal with it, since i survived living in state college, pa. from what i hear about the city it seems okay.  I just read the law school is in amherst, NY-- not actually in Buffalo. Is all of Ubuffalo in amherst, or just the law school?   How is the town of amherst itself? Since I wont be owning a car, I probably will be spendning most of my time in amherst.  Is any of the graduate student housing within walking distance to the law school?

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »
Hey, congrats on the acceptance, maybe I will see you here in the fall. I am kind of biased toward Buffalo since I have lived here all of my life but I can say it is a really solid school. It has a great local rep, and from what I understand they are trying to make expand its reputation (If it wasn't for the cold winters it probably would be more well-known already). The school itself is located in Amherst, probably 20 minutes or so outside downtown. The law school is located on the north campus, with pretty much the rest of the school. Amherst is great, well at least to me it is because I like the small-town feel. It is the king of suburbs, it was rated the number 1 safest town in america a couple years back. Can't beat the wings here either. Also, there is on-campus housing reserved solely for law students right near the law school (which is actually just 1 building). U at Buffalo law school is among the least competitive schools...which is another reason why i am excited about attending, I am pretty sure most of their classes arent even graded (pass/fail instead maybe?) but i am not positive so i would look for clarification on that. I know this post was random but all in all its a great school with a great price. Let me know if you have any more questions and I will try to answer them. And the winters arent THAT bad...most of the time.