Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oxford & Cambridge  (Read 2229 times)

SFnative

Re: Oxford & Cambridge
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »
This thread makes me feel like white trash. 

LOL, I went to a public high school and public univ for undergrad, am gay and asian, which doesnt really fit the stereotype I think.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2006, 11:49:50 AM »
SFnative: you've got me beat, except that I am the only person in my family to have any education other than high school and my mom is a deaf-mid-life-crisis Montel Williams-guest wanna be who dresses like a 20 year old stripper. 

redemption

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
SFnative: you've got me beat, except that I am the only person in my family to have any education other than high school and my mom is a deaf-mid-life-crisis Montel Williams-guest wanna be who dresses like a 20 year old stripper. 

:o :o :D :D

Lgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »
I am British and completed by undergrad (English and French) at Oxford. What most people don't know is that it's a public university and costs no more to attend than any other university in the UK. You'll be shocked at how little this is: currently 3000/ year, and just one year ago it was 1,200!

I LOVED it there - I think it's the most intellectually-stimulating, gorgeous-looking, friendly, interesting, opportunity-filled place I could have gone to. But I think that anyone wanting to go there to enhance law school prospects alone shouldn't. I happen to think that undergrad is a once-in-a-lifetime thing - it can't really be lived with the same intensity twice. I'd definitely recommend an MPhil/MSt instead.

I miss Oxford :'(

redemption

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2006, 01:58:54 PM »
Watcha!

The thing about the costs is true... if you're British.

I miss Oxon too. I don't think that I'll ever experience anything like it again.  :-\

SFnative

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »

Wow, are you my long lost sister? lol just kidding ;)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »
If I was, we would both have gotten into our #1 choice with those stories.

SFnative

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2006, 05:02:06 PM »
If I was, we would both have gotten into our #1 choice with those stories.

LOL, true true! Or we can write a joint autobiography, like the author of million little pieces, and make alot of money instead?