Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Not looking to start an online fight but …  (Read 21871 times)

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking to start an online fight but …
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2006, 10:08:06 AM »
MANNY, I have been following this thread, and I'm really sorry to break it to you, but you are veryyyy ignorant, ad for someone applying to law school, that in itself is quite laughable. How can you be applying to law school, and still think that the discrimination faced by black and say Asians are the same.

There is something called skin color. When a black man is automatically deemed a thug or a criminal upon first glance, that is in no way the same thing faced by Asians or latinos. Black people were brought here as slaves, *like you continually harp on* over 400 years ago, and we are finally being able to get past that in our generation. Still, there are situations that are UNIQUE ONLY to a black person.

I am not trying to say you are less of a minority or whatever, but I would like that you try to make more sense when asking your questions. I also believe that the black population is a bit higher than other minorities. But hey, if you do want to have your own board *even though noone has asked you not to post on blsd*, you might as well ask for one, and hopefully there'll be enough of you to sustain it.

'NuFF SaID'.

Oh and about haveing white organisations etc??? Why would you want to have a white organization when the playing field is not level. at least in black organizations, you have unique things that happen to you. I can imagine having a white caucus meeting and someone getting up to ask for help **I applied for this job, and the black poerson in charge refused to give it to me because I am white??** WTF??? That is exactly the point for having minority groups. It's all in the word MINORITY. The entire country is already being run by white people, I mean nothing wrong with that, in terms of population, the number of whites are way more than blacks. That in itself is th ereason why there would really be no point to having white organisations if you ask me. What kind of mission statements or causes would you be fighting for??? In essence the only use for white organizations would be to push more for white causes, which amounts to white supremacy.

veg

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2006, 10:09:10 AM »
MannyD:
I think all of that has been said in a joking manner.
And whitey isn't NEARLY as derogatory as say, "n-word." I think you're making trouble where there doesn't need to be.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »
So – I went in to check out the BLSD boards. Interestingly enough there was plenty of “whitey” bashing.  I didn’t even have to look too long. So …. Is that necessary? I don’t see any “whitey’s” talking about “blackies” ….  Bc that would be wrong.  (there is also plenty of good stuff on BLSD but … this type of thing is certainly not on LSD and if it were it wouldn’t be tolerated. I’m sorry, I’m not trying to kill this debate with more BS … I was just amazed by all the “whitey” talk.

Manny, none of that is relevant to this healthy debate.  There's name calling by everybody.  This is not helping us.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

veg

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2006, 10:15:12 AM »
No, but we say that we have "jungle fever." HTH. 

cyberrev

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2006, 10:17:58 AM »
So – I went in to check out the BLSD boards. Interestingly enough there was plenty of “whitey” bashing.  I didn’t even have to look too long. So …. Is that necessary? I don’t see any “whitey’s” talking about “blackies” ….  Bc that would be wrong.  (there is also plenty of good stuff on BLSD but … this type of thing is certainly not on LSD and if it were it wouldn’t be tolerated. I’m sorry, I’m not trying to kill this debate with more BS … I was just amazed by all the “whitey” talk.

Interesting quotes:

“And I guess the only people who have said hurtful things have ONLY been Black Americans.  I am going to write a book and I am soooo serious "In the Comfort of Whitey" and ask that this sister write the forward for the book.”

“Now now people, leave whitey alone. There are some progressive white folks who want to uplift the black community.”

“Dating whitey is the new "in" thing! LOL. Even Halle Berry got herself a white man now LOL. I guess male negros aren't doing it for her anymore. (sarcasm folks...)”

“You people leave that #%@! alone.  He is black as black can be.  Well, not really, cuz his father is a whitey.”

“so don't pick on whitey for using it in a social context. “

“the only people who I've heard say that recently is whitey.”

“you know you hate whitey.  I see you at the meetings...I mean that I just happened to walk by”

“Even whitey looks at these videos like WTF “

“or as the overtones suggest "pleasing whitey".”

“black people want to celebrate something positive in our community, here comes a white person trying to sh*t on it.”

there is ignorant prejudice in every race.  it breeds a continuance of tension and an 'us agaist them' mentality.  why does it take things like 9-11 to realize that there is only us.  and why doesnt it last.

racial preference (meaning who you want to hang out with) does not automatically equal racism.

sure, some whites are racist assholes.  some blacks are racist assholes.  some asians, hispanics, et cetera ad nauseum.  but i believe that to ascertain that *all* whites want to keep the black community down, or that *all* blacks are thieves and thugs is the worst kind of foolishness.  who has absolute knowledge and can claim that as a truism.  

assholism is not limited by the color of one's skin.  

yet true equality comes only when racism is stomped out everywhere.

here's a novel idea -- make a friend of a different race.  it's hard to hate people as a group when you like a member of that group.

my cheap opinion.

veg

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2006, 10:22:05 AM »
When I say it, it's not meant to be mean in any sense. I have never heard it said in a derogatory way, and I live in a state that's racist as @#!*.
Quit beating a dead horse.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2006, 10:24:09 AM »

Interesting quotes:

“And I guess the only people who have said hurtful things have ONLY been Black Americans.  I am going to write a book and I am soooo serious "In the Comfort of Whitey" and ask that this sister write the forward for the book.”

“Now now people, leave whitey alone. There are some progressive white folks who want to uplift the black community.”

“Dating whitey is the new "in" thing! LOL. Even Halle Berry got herself a white man now LOL. I guess male negros aren't doing it for her anymore. (sarcasm folks...)”

“You people leave that #%@! alone.  He is black as black can be.  Well, not really, cuz his father is a whitey.”

“you know you hate whitey.  I see you at the meetings...I mean that I just happened to walk by”

“black people want to celebrate something positive in our community, here comes a white person trying to sh*t on it.”

there is ignorant prejudice in every race.  it breeds a continuance of tension and an 'us agaist them' mentality.  why does it take things like 9-11 to realize that there is only us.  and why doesnt it last.

racial preference (meaning who you want to hang out with) does not automatically equal racism.

sure, some whites are racist assholes.  some blacks are racist assholes.  some asians, hispanics, et cetera ad nauseum.  but i believe that to ascertain that *all* whites want to keep the black community down, or that *all* blacks are thieves and thugs is the worst kind of foolishness.  who has absolute knowledge and can claim that as a truism.   

assholism is not limited by the color of one's skin. 

yet true equality comes only when racism is stomped out everywhere.

here's a novel idea -- make a friend of a different race.  it's hard to hate people as a group when you like a member of that group.

my cheap opinion.

This is the Credited Response!

Well said. 

Can we move off of this side issue now? :-\
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cyberrev

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 10:27:39 AM »
thanks sands!

i agree, time to move on   :)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2006, 10:29:41 AM »

Interesting quotes:

Where is the Whitey bashing?  You can say that the use of the word "whitey" is questionable, but many of these quotes were not simply bashing white people, like you would have us believe.  Even the ones that were negative, were in a particular context about some issue that was being discussed.
edit: It would be like me doing a search on the general LSD board for URM and posting every negative sentence I find.  I could come up with a long list like this, but posting a sentence with absolutely no context does not prove a point.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »
"were in a particular context about some issue that was being discussed."

Huh?

You can act clueless if you want but I'm not going to spell it out to you.  Run your "whitey" search again and actually click on the links this time and read the discussions.  Then you can get back to me.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006