Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Not looking to start an online fight but …  (Read 21629 times)

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking to start an online fight but …
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2006, 02:11:44 AM »
i personally suspect that the difference is due to the fact that, from what i've seen, asians seem to value education a lot more and tends to put more pressure on the kids to obtain an education and i just dont see other cultures' emphasis on education the way that asians tend to emphasize it...this leads me to wonder why that was?  why is it that the other minorities (not just AAs) dont seem to emphasize the importance of an education?  i know this sounds ignorant as #(@%, but i dont believe that there's no merit to it...

There nothing wrong with stating this, I think most of us would agree with what you've pointed out.  There is a general lack of emphasis on the importance of education within the black American community.  But also understand that this is directly a result of both the historical systematic oppression/discrimation and the perpetuation of the mentality that it created.  The  climate of discrimination and prejudice simply makes it even more difficult to break the cycle.  We can only hope to continue making advances in ameliorating this situation. 

You'll notice that immigrant ethnic groups in general tend to form very supportive communities and have a heavy emphasis on educational achievement.  This actually applies to black people as well.  If you go to the very top universities, you'll find that an incredibly disproportionate number of the black students are African or the children of African immigrants.  As for why immigrants and their children achieve so well, you have to consider the mindset of those who are willing to pick up everything and start a new life in America.  They are typically among the most ambitious and relentless people from their original land.  Remember that the typical black American is not the descendant of immigrants.  Their ancestors were brought here for the specific purpose to be subhuman laborers; to be uneducated, unintelligent pieces of property with absolutely no hopes or aspirations.  For 300 years, they remained in this condition.  For the next hundred they were "officially" given freedom, but shackled by extreme poverty and a society that harshly discriminated against them and still treated them as inferior people.  And then for the past 40 years, the government has been trying to implement ideas that might slowly recitify the situation of these people.  So it sounds pretty ridiculous to hear people whine about how much black people complain and how the government gives them to much of an advantage.  Tell that to the black kid in the Chicago projects, who has been exposed to nothing but poverty and violence his whole life.  Raised by a dirt-poor mother, who was raised by a dirt-poor mother...  And even if he makes it out through a combination of luck and hard work, he's still very much tied to that downtrodden community.  It's just going to take time and drastic efforts to fix this (and that includes within the black community).

I've said it before, it really doesn't make sense to draw a parallel between black Americans and other ethnic groups in America.  They just don't really compare.  It irks me to no end when someone tries to say "Well, [Irish/Chinese/Jews/whatever] have been able to succeed after facing oppression, why can't black people?"  I mean, it's hard for an educated person to really take that seriously. (BTW, not really directing all of this at you snobord)

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2006, 02:14:36 AM »
Ha, I guess I ended up repeating a lot of what KB (CoréenneNoir) said.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »
I see that the majority of the regular blsd posters have already defended the necessity of the board... but I wanted to add a few things... keep in mind that what I am pasting here are not views from the Jim Crow era...they are as recent as 2005.... thoughts?

and I'll end this post with these articles....

These are niggers who live in the United States.
They are not Americans.
Americans do not look like them.
Americans are White.

A Tactical Assessment of Black Behavior in New Orleans

Attention social scientists!
Urban riots are caused by niggers inside the city limits.

The results of the Katrina experiment are encouraging. When the levees broke and water from Lake Pontchartrain flooded New Orleans, the city's niggers were caught almost entirely unprepared, despite having had a week's warning of a possible threat, and two days' warning of certain danger. Rather than leave the city, or at least provision themselves against a long outage of commerce, many of the Blacks ignored Mayor Ray Nagin's tardy evacuation order, preferring to endure the storm in the expectation of easy loot afterward.

When the hurricane passed, things seemed well for a short time. But the city's Black mayor assumed that all would remain well and did not order an expert inspection of the levees—which ought to have been a routine precaution after a strong storm. Then the levees broke and New Orleans was flooded. Authorities warned that the city might remain flooded for months and repeated the evacuation order.

There are several conclusions to be reached.

First, Whites who are caught among, and outnumbered by, Blacks in a disaster situation had best flee if they can, otherwise they must hide until they can flee. Fortify your homes with food and weaponry ahead of time, and remain at home until a chance to get away from the disaster area appears. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU GO INTO ANY GOVERNMENT ASSIGNED SAFE ZONE OR REFUGEE CAMP. These will be full of the most violent, meanest, and most depraved niggers of the city. You will be robbed, raped, beaten, stabbed, repeatedly insulted and humiliated, and ultimately murdered—unless someone in authority chooses to put moral decency above the insane Federal "racial equality" rules and helps you escape. National Guard Staff Sergeant Garland Ogden did just that.

Sgt. Garland Ogden is an American hero and patriot but for whom 30 British and 65 Australian visitors to our land would have been murdered inside a darkened Superdome by vicious, predatory Blacks. He saved their lives, and spared us at least the shame their deaths would have brought us.

Did you see it, world? There are still some Americans in America.

And Bud Hopes—consider yourself an honorary American. You deserve the status more than any of those Black savages do.

The second conclusion is that Whites at some distance from the disaster area may be safe from migrations of niggers away from it. It was the FEMA effort alone that saved the Blacks, whereas for the most part the Whites saved themselves (at their own expense). If there had been no Federal program to evacuate the remaining Blacks from New Orleans, the niggers would have squatted in that flooded city until they starved, by which time they'd have eaten every scrap of food they could find (and the search would be a thorough one) as well as engaged in much cannibalism. Even 20 miles distance might be enough of a barrier to permit rural Whites to handle whatever threat does manage to reach them by land or by waterway, and the safety factor appears to increase more than linearly with distance.

However, future disasters might find Blacks more inclined to migrate in armed bands, perhaps with transportable provisions that could see them across a few days of walking. Therefore, fifty miles (80 kilometers) should be considered a minimally safe distance from an urban disaster such as Katrina.

Thirdly, Whites living in majority Black disaster areas should not expect any organized assistance from the Federal Government. Even though White people paid nearly all of the taxes used to subsidize relief efforts, those efforts will be directed to the benefit of non-Whites almost exclusively. Whites are on their own, in such circumstances. You will get no police protection, and, indeed, Black policemen might be foremost among the predators you should avoid. You will have to contrive your own escape. You will have to provide for yourself—and the only feasible way to do that is to do it before a disaster strikes. Food, water, fuel, backpacks, guns, ammunition—never be without a supply for your family that will suffice for several weeks, on the assumption that your only interaction with the outside world will be fighting off hostiles.

Fourth, expect that everything Blacks say about their circumstances and about the causes for them are lies. You will get a more accurate picture of events if you assume that Blacks always speak the very opposite of what they believe the truth is.

Fifth, if you are White, you'll be called a racist no matter what you do, and no matter what you don't do. Get used to it. Learn to like it. Once you realize that racism is a good thing (because it is the truth about race), you'll find that you are no longer bothered by the "racist" label. It becomes a badge and a laurel, when it has become a fact.

Katrina proved (again) that Whites and Blacks do not behave in the same ways in a crisis. In Louisiana, St. Bernard Parish took the direct hit from the hurricane; New Orleans did not. The destruction and the flooding in St. Bernard were more complete than in New Orleans. St. Bernard is mostly White (88.9%). New Orleans is mostly Black (72.8%). Federal rescue and relief efforts by-passed St. Bernard on their way to New Orleans. See how ridiculous are the niggers' claims that they were slighted by the government due to their race? It's the Whites who are entitled to say that, not the Blacks. But through it all, the Whites in Bernard Parish were as orderly as they could be, as helpful as they could be, and county sheriff has remarked in amazement at how little complaining he heard from the White residents. And that's a racial difference you can depend on to appear, again and again, when a crisis occurs.

Why is this assessment "encouraging"? As fossil fuels become ever scarcer, there will come a day when food production or transport for the cities will become impossible. On that day, all the cities will be like New Orleans was during the flood. Niggers will rampage everywhere within the city, but perhaps not so far beyond its environs. We should not take this for granted, however. If you are within 50 miles of a major urban area, you should move farther into the countryside. If you haven't stocked up on survival essentials, you must do that soon, and maintain those stocks, until the day the Apocalypse begins in earnest. With sufficient foresight, we will regain our territory after most of the Blacks have done themselves in with their savagery, incompetence, and general foolishness.

The Zionist Occupation Government in the United States can't evacuate niggers if either of two conditions exists: (1) there's no fuel to do the evacuation with, or (2) there's no other place to which they can export them to any purpose.

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2006, 09:19:20 AM »
Don't let anyone tell you that there are only two kinds of niggers. The situation is more complicated than that. In fact, there are niggers who...
...Are in prison.
...Are on probation (again).
...Are on parole.
...Weren't caught.
...Were released because of alleged "insufficient evidence."
...Were found "not guilty" by a jury full of niggers.
...Are under the age of six.

Do you know what parole is? A lot of people don't. Parole is a military custom and contract between a captured soldier and the country that made him a POW, such that the prisoner is released on the conditions required by his captors. Whether a parolee keeps the terms of his contract is up to him as a matter of personal integrity: it's the "honor system," and sensible people don't give parole to those who demonstrably have no honor, or perhaps even no concept of what honor is.

It was a mistake for law enforcement and prisons to adopt the practice of parole. There is (usually) a difference between the moral level of a professional soldier and that of a criminal. A soldier is at least made familiar with honor as an ideal and is urged to live honorably. When a soldier fights, he fights for his country, not for personal gain - at least that was the tradition. A criminal, on the other hand, has already proved by his acts and the obvious selfish motives behind them that he has no honor. So while a soldier might sometimes be trusted with parole, a criminal should almost never be.

Niggers in general don't have any concept of, or respect for, honor. Honor is an idea in the minds of more advanced races, such as Whites or Asians. Niggers are too savage for it to mean anything to them. Giving parole to niggers is always an error, and it is yet another mistaken practice to come from the false idea of racial equality.

As a rule, a serviceman who is also a criminal is a criminal first, and a serviceman only after his criminal lusts are satisfied. There are no servicemen who "just happen" also to be thieves or rapists. It's the other way around. Certain thieves and rapists (most of them Black) just happen to be servicemen by the poor judgment of government policymakers.

If I had to guess, I'd say that about 1/4th of the crime accusations against Whites and about 1/40th of those against Blacks are false.

What can we do about niggers? We can have more children, and we can teach them to fight their enemies, as is proper! 

http://jabpage.org
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2006, 09:34:33 AM »
Blk, I hope that everyone READS this deeply and can move on from this thread.  BLSD definitely serves a purpose that WE all know and cherish.  I think the title of this thread "Not online to start an online fight but..." is what I call a classic disclaimer.  The OP was looking to start an online fight in my opinion.  If we were to talk about some of the things that WE as Blacks face on the regular board the atmosphere would be "dazed and confused".

I love that we have more than just Blacks represented on BLSD because it definitely gives us something to talk about and adds some flavor to the board.  And I personally welcome more!

But for those who just don't get or just don't want to get it, here's my advice (and I am not concerned with pissing anyone off0...there used to be popular t-shirts with this saying on it,

ITS A BLACK THING, YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!![/size][/size]
Damn...it's the third year already!!

John Galt

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2006, 09:41:51 AM »
No reasonable and thinking person believes that African Americans (and, to some extent, blacks generally) encounter obstacles in the wider American society that are different in kind and more entrenched than the problems faced by the rest of us. That is demonstrable and has been demonstrated to almost everyone's satisfaction. Almost all of the posts on this issue have focused on this fact.

The question that I have is not about the larger society, but about LSD: do you, or does anyone who posts on LSD believe that LSD itself is racist in the same way that the wider society is? Do you believe that the general LSD Board is racist, or that it is hostile to the views or presence of African Americans? If so, I can understand and would support the existence of BLSD; if not, I would have other questions about what the purpose of BLSD is..

This thread, unfortunately, is riddled with red herrings and what sound to me to be false arguments: for example, that:
1. BLSD is an inclusive and not an exclusive child-board
2. anyone is welcome to post there
3. there are specific issues of particular concern to African Americans
4. there are also child-boards for non-trad students etc
5. it is analogous to Alcoholics Anonymous
6. we should be celebrating that there can be a BLSD at all

No-one, I think, argues that BLSD doesn't have the RIGHT to exist. It does. What I am interested in is
a. why is there a NEED for it to exist here, on LSD?
b. what is the message that we are sending to each other by this segregation-in-practice?
c. how does this apartness promote a better American future?

I am explicitly dis-associating my questions from those mannydulder and snobord, because they are different questions entirely. On the other hand, I am quite sure that I am not the only person who has asked these particular questions of him/herself. There are  genuine questions, and I am not looking to win an argument, but to understand what it is that I am missing.

Read my post. I answered a, b, and c.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »
The fact that a group of people have to defend the existence of a board because it's called "black law student discussion" is "racist" in and of itself... back when the thread was created in 04 (before I came on the board) there were many threads that were created as a call and response to blsd if you will.. there was in fact a white law student discussion board thread that was begun... for whatever reason it didn't last so to me it was fairly obvious that it was created in an attempt to mock the creation of blsd.... let me ask you these questions... in "real life" have you gone on your college campuses and asked the black student union, african students union, caribbean students association, various black fraternities and sororities, black business student associations about their existence? Have you gone to the college administrative offices to express your disdain for what appears to be "exclusive" organizations to you?

anyone is welcome to post on blsd.. the problem is that some people have chosen not to do so and when they do post decide to say "oh btw i'm not black I hope you guys don't mind me posting here".. .what kind of foolishness is that? I mean really...why is that necessary?

here's the bottom line.. we (blacks) make up a very small percentage of this country..an even smaller percentage of the legal community.. so it HELPS to find like minded individuals of African descent that have already gone through or are currently going through the law school process... it is also great to have a community where we can talk about various things.. the only reason that people feel excluded is because they choose to exclude themselves....

No reasonable and thinking person believes that African Americans (and, to some extent, blacks generally) encounter obstacles in the wider American society that are different in kind and more entrenched than the problems faced by the rest of us. That is demonstrable and has been demonstrated to almost everyone's satisfaction. Almost all of the posts on this issue have focused on this fact.

The question that I have is not about the larger society, but about LSD: do you, or does anyone who posts on LSD believe that LSD itself is racist in the same way that the wider society is? Do you believe that the general LSD Board is racist, or that it is hostile to the views or presence of African Americans? If so, I can understand and would support the existence of BLSD; if not, I would have other questions about what the purpose of BLSD is..

This thread, unfortunately, is riddled with red herrings and what sound to me to be false arguments: for example, that:
1. BLSD is an inclusive and not an exclusive child-board
2. anyone is welcome to post there
3. there are specific issues of particular concern to African Americans
4. there are also child-boards for non-trad students etc
5. it is analogous to Alcoholics Anonymous
6. we should be celebrating that there can be a BLSD at all

No-one, I think, argues that BLSD doesn't have the RIGHT to exist. It does. What I am interested in is
a. why is there a NEED for it to exist here, on LSD?
b. what is the message that we are sending to each other by this segregation-in-practice?
c. how does this apartness promote a better American future?
d. at what point wi

I am explicitly dis-associating my questions from those mannydulder and snobord, because they are different questions entirely. On the other hand, I am quite sure that I am not the only person who has asked these particular questions of him/herself. There are  genuine questions, and I am not looking to win an argument, but to understand what it is that I am missing.

cyberrev

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2006, 09:50:58 AM »
I see that the majority of the regular blsd posters have already defended the necessity of the board... but I wanted to add a few things... keep in mind that what I am pasting here are not views from the Jim Crow era...they are as recent as 2005.... thoughts?

blk, my thoughts are that these attitudes are disgusting.  the statement "We can have more children, and we can teach them to fight their enemies, as is proper!" is correct.  THEY are the enemy, and i have fought them all of my life, i've taught my children to fight them, and i know they will teach their children to fight them as well.  

there are a lot of sick people in the world. may they reap what they sow.  anyone with a surviving brain cell who reads those idiotic articles could rip them apart in their sleep.  gah, it just makes me sick.

intent, my friend, i've heard that before and it doesn't piss me off.  i know that i can't fully understand, but i hope to understand as much as i am able.  that is where racial harmony will exist, when those of different backgrounds make the honest attempt to walk a mile in each other's shoes.

i still hope to share those eggrolls and crown with you someday!

cyberrev

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2006, 09:57:11 AM »
The fact that a group of people have to defend the existence of a board because it's called "black law student discussion" is "racist" in and of itself...

blsd needs no defense, just as the nontraditional thread, the tier 3/4 thread, the christian thread, the moslem thread or any other thread where like-minded people sharing the same experiences post.

and i've always felt welcome posting in blsd, btw.  no one has ever said 'wtf you doing here, whitey?'  i have been treated with respect because i have offered respect.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2006, 09:57:48 AM »
exactly! and you are correct in that people with those views are the enemy.. I don't think that anyone feels that ALL white people are like that... however I'd rather a person be honest about their view than smile in my face and call me a N behind my back...

continue to raise your children the way that you are... I will raise my children that way as well.. hopefully this next generation will have less cultural problems that generations past..

blk, my thoughts are that these attitudes are disgusting.  the statement "We can have more children, and we can teach them to fight their enemies, as is proper!" is correct.  THEY are the enemy, and i have fought them all of my life, i've taught my children to fight them, and i know they will teach their children to fight them as well.  

there are a lot of sick people in the world. may they reap what they sow.  anyone with a surviving brain cell who reads those idiotic articles could rip them apart in their sleep.  gah, it just makes me sick.

intent, my friend, i've heard that before and it doesn't piss me off.  i know that i can't fully understand, but i hope to understand as much as i am able.  that is where racial harmony will exist, when those of different backgrounds make the honest attempt to walk a mile in each other's shoes.