Law School Discussion

Umm, Boalt Email?

mjca83

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Umm, Boalt Email?
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2006, 07:00:45 PM »
I think everyone really needs to relax and not make such a big deal about this.   Yes, this looks unprofessional, but don't take anything away from the prestige of Berkeley.  I went to undergrad there so I am not surprised by this screwup, but it's one of the best places to go to school.  Accept their apology, and be mature about this.  Some of you are taking this way too seriously.  Wherever you end up, you can have a successful legal career.  I know plenty of people coming out of T3 schools that are doing great, making a great living, and are happy in life. 

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »
Personally, I am going to bear a grudge.

John Galt

« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2006, 07:44:05 PM »
I'm sorry, but Boalt sucks.

US News should automatically drop top 14 schools out of the top 14 for a year for mistakes like this.

SkullTatt

« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »
Boalt sux.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2006, 08:01:15 PM »
Adam Brody is $#%@ hot.

jeb240

« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
Adam Brody is $#%@ hot.

Who is Adam Brody?

To be clear, what are people upset about?  Everyone keeps saying to calm down, that it's not a big deal, to not take it so "seriously," etc. etc. and I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing.

I was under the impression that people, like me, were mostly upset with the second email (the first response), and not the first email (the error).  Am I wrong?

I do think it's foolish and counter productive to be bothered by the first email because mistakes happen, even when they shouldn't, but I do not think that anyone is unjustified (and, of course, I am biased here) in being upset/frustrated/pissed/miffed/whatever with the second email/the handling of this situation, ESPECIALLY (how many more times am I going to mention this?  It's awful when you realize yourself that you sound like a broken record ;)) in light of the overall lack of rejections that have been received thus far.

But if people are mostly upset over the first email, then I'm clearly on the wrong thread.

« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »
Adam Brody is $#%@ hot.

Who is Adam Brody?

To be clear, what are people upset about?  Everyone keeps saying to calm down, that it's not a big deal, to not take it so "seriously," etc. etc. and I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing.

I was under the impression that people, like me, were mostly upset with the second email (the first response), and not the first email (the error).  Am I wrong?

I do think it's foolish and counter productive to be bothered by the first email because mistakes happen, even when they shouldn't, but I do not think that anyone is unjustified (and, of course, I am biased here) in being upset/frustrated/pissed/miffed/whatever with the second email/the handling of this situation, ESPECIALLY (how many more times am I going to mention this?  It's awful when you realize yourself that you sound like a broken record ;)) in light of the overall lack of rejections that have been received thus far.

But if people are mostly upset over the first email, then I'm clearly on the wrong thread.

i was upset about the second email. the third email (which i just got today) was a lot better...but sort of too little, too late in my mind.

snikrep

« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2006, 10:05:04 PM »
I'm guessing for most of us this is just a way to vent frustration for Boalt taking so long on their applications, the individual mistake they made isn't *that* big of a deal. 

My personal experience....
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2006, 05:48:56 AM »

I received the acceptence email on Friday night as well as the invitation to the colored event. Since I am Hispanic everything seemed coherent. Besides, I did not received the short apology that most of you received 15 minutes after the initial acceptance email.
Adrenaline flowing trhough my veins, I woke up my wife and called my mom (It made her cry!!) to tell them about the good news. My mother, after we hung up, called every single relative to share the news. On Saturday morning I had 7 messages from different relatives and friends congratulating me. Minutes later my mom called to tell me that she had made reservaions for lunch at the White House in Anaheim to celebrate...
I cannot express in words the humilliation and frustration thaT I felt when at 1:53 on Saturday I received the "ANOTHER APOLIGY" email. I had to  return every single phone call to explain the mistake and, to my great regret, brake my mom's heart. To my request, she canceled the reservation and we ended up eating at Pollo Loco...LOL
I'm sharing this tragic story with all of you guys so that those who think that this is not a big deal realize the magnitude of Boalt's error. My sincere condolences to those who had the misfortune to live something similar. I know there are plenty. Schools have no right to play with people's emotions in this way.

UseYourHead

« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2006, 06:02:59 AM »

I received the acceptence email on Friday night as well as the invitation to the colored event. Since I am Hispanic everything seemed coherent. Besides, I did not received the short apology that most of you received 15 minutes after the initial acceptance email.
Adrenaline flowing trhough my veins, I woke up my wife and called my mom (It made her cry!!) to tell them about the good news. My mother, after we hung up, called every single relative to share the news. On Saturday morning I had 7 messages from different relatives and friends congratulating me. Minutes later my mom called to tell me that she had made reservaions for lunch at the White House in Anaheim to celebrate...
I cannot express in words the humilliation and frustration thaT I felt when at 1:53 on Saturday I received the "ANOTHER APOLIGY" email. I had to  return every single phone call to explain the mistake and, to my great regret, brake my mom's heart. To my request, she canceled the reservation and we ended up eating at Pollo Loco...LOL
I'm sharing this tragic story with all of you guys so that those who think that this is not a big deal realize the magnitude of Boalt's error. My sincere condolences to those who had the misfortune to live something similar. I know there are plenty. Schools have no right to play with people's emotions in this way.

Wow. That's awful--I'm really sorry.

colored event

Double wow.