Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Umm, Boalt Email?  (Read 19492 times)

SkullTatt

Re: Umm, Boalt Email?
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2006, 03:08:49 PM »
But don't you see?  That's the point!  Acceptances may go out in waves, but no one has been rejected yet, at least not on LSN or LSD that has reported it.  Granted, it's entirely possible that people not on either site are being rejected, but that doesn't really seem plausible.

So to say that Decisions are going out in 2-3 weeks, as if they haven't already, is a loaded comment.

People who aren't getting in deserve to know that, and there is absolutely no justifiable reason for delaying that information this long.  If they are seriously still considering every applicant who has neither gotten in nor been rejected, then, fine, continue to deliberate.  But I can hardly believe that Boalt, one of the most selective schools out there, is actually seriously still considering every one of the thousands of applicants who've been complete for weeks/months and have heard nothing.

Yeah I totally agree.

WarrenG

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2006, 03:11:22 PM »
Luckily I was in a position to laugh because I sent them an application but never sent them the application fee (I had a change of heart when I realized how much I had already spent in application fees).  I thought they might have been so impressed that they just forgot about the fee.  However, if I were seriously considering Boalt I would be first in line at the "Send Mr. Edward to Abu Grahib" movement.
"That which we believe to be real becomes real in it's consequences."

thetinycowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2006, 03:17:57 PM »
Argh...

I didn't get ANY of the e-mails. Complete since 11/10. Although it would be horrifying to think I miraculously got in only to get the f-you letter, my hopes are possibly dropping even lower. Oh well.

mdashwood

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2006, 03:25:24 PM »
Bizarre---now I find myself speculating as to why I received not one but THREE apology emails, including the one that was sent on Friday.  The title of the second email was AN EXPLANATION AND ANOTHER APOLOGY and the title of the third was AN EXPLANATION.  As far as I could tell, the body of the letters was exactly the same.  Does Boalt want to make it extra clear that they would never consider admitting me?  ;)

Ha ha, I got those same additional two - 15 minutes apart from each other.  Though I do appreciate the additional effort toward a satisfactory explanation and apology, they're not exactly demonstrating impressive administrative skills.
In: UCLA!, Vandy, UCDavis, ND, I-UC, GM
Out: Boalt (Cal sucks! :P)
WL: UVA, Northwestern, Georgetown
Hurry Uuup!: Duke, NYU

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »
I think they took "ANOTHER APOLOGY" out of the subject line on the second sending because they think that apologizing to us is below them.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2006, 03:40:13 PM »
These Boalt people are funny...I really think it was just an error and they messed up big time, but you guys, we should just let it go.  I know if I had not checked LSD prior to seeing those emails I would have a harder time doing this, but in all honesty let's move on. The hurt they have caused is something we will just have to live with and it is another reminder of how Law Schools can do whatever the hell they want when it comes to admitting students.

What would be interesting is if it effects their yeild this year, but I doubt it will. Boalt is still top notch and no amount of pissed of applicants will effect that  :-\
There's no homework in Law School

jeb240

« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »
So I've decided after getting this email not to call Mr. Tom.

But I really want to say something and after all of this, I'm not sure that I want to go to Boalt and I've been very fortunate with where I have gotten in so far, and so I do not know that I have anything particular to lose by sending the email that is below.  You don't have to read it, but I would like to know if it makes me sound crazy, because I'd rather not sound crazy.  But I do really want to say something:

jeb240

« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
EDIT: Screw it.

Lgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2006, 04:13:51 PM »
I want to tell you all that I am sorry for your shock and disappointment - I can imagine how annoyed and upset you are.

However, I have to say that I think it's a really bad idea to send this email. Of course, it's your decision, butif I were you I would consider a few things first. Rather than what do you hope to achieve, you should ask yourself what you can reasonably expect to achieve. Do you think you'll hear any sooner? Do you think Boalt will change they way they do things? I have to say that I think the answer to those questions is a clear resounding 'no'.

What you will gain is feeling purged of your anger and thus temporarily better. But when this email changes nothing, I think you will feel even more frustrated and regret what you sent. Permit me to say that what you want is a reaction. I have been in a very similar position with a school I wanted to attend and sent a letter just like yours about a similar issue and nothing came of it and I think the situation is analogous. I also suggested changes and said why I felt they were important. But it was naive of me to think it would make a difference, and in the end I felt silly for having ranted.

What I would do is talk to your friends and family and use the weekend to get over it as best you can, whilst recognising that you have some great choices if you are not admitted to Boalt (which, of course, you may well be).

I only write this because you asked for an opinion.

I wish you and everyone else on this thread the very best of luck.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2006, 04:15:46 PM »
hey im in the cool kids club not.  I withdrew my application in late December and I jsut go the apology e-mail.

I responded with

Hello-

I withdrew my application over a month ago.

Thanks