Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Email from Quinnipiac.. ?  (Read 981 times)

LubedPumpkin

• Happily flushing at my TTT.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhunkyKatie
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal
    • Email
Email from Quinnipiac.. ?
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »
Dear Katherine:

We are very pleased that you have applied for admission to Quinnipiac University School of Law, and we thank you for your patience with our admissions process. At this time, I want to provide you with a progress report on your application and our admissions cycle.
Over the past few years both the quantity and quality of our applicant pool has improved significantly. This year is again proving to be a very competitive one as we anticipate receiving approximately 2,500 applications for only 130 available seats. Thus, we are faced with the challenge of thoroughly reviewing many qualified applicants in a timely manner and deciding who among this competitive group should be offered admission.
From what we have learned about you in the course of reviewing your file, we believe that you would be a positive addition to our student body. In an effort to get to know you better, we have planned a special Information Session on our campus for you and other select applicants. This program will allow us to become better acquainted with you and for you to get a closer look at Quinnipiac Law, including the opportunity to meet faculty, current students and admissions officers.
We also can discuss other possible enrollment options with you. For example, our part-time day program allows students to begin the fall semester with a slightly reduced course load (4 classes instead of 5).  A number of our current full-time students chose this option. They quickly, easily and successfully moved into the full-time program after one semester and are on track to graduate in three years.
We invite you to join us on March 3 for this Information Session. A tentative agenda is attached, and you may use the response form below to RSVP.  Please respond by February 27.
Feel free to contact us via email or phone at 800-462-1944 or 203-582-3400 to discuss any questions you may have regarding the Information Session or the part-time day program.
I look forward to meeting you on March 3

Sincerely
Edwin Wilkes
Executive Dean for Law School Admissions
---------------------------------------

Does that mean I'm sorta waitlisted? I'm not really sure. :)

I'm going to Albany's open house on March 4th (and bringing my $500 deposit!), and have no interest in going to Q.. but, I thought this email was sorta strange.  ???
'pumpkin
----------------------
Signed, Sealed Delivered: Albany
Hit the Road Jack:
Get it While You Can: Suffolk (Waitlisted/Withdrawn)
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind:Quinnipiac

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=schlin96

LubedPumpkin

• Happily flushing at my TTT.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhunkyKatie
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal
    • Email
Re: Email from Quinnipiac.. ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 01:13:51 PM »
It sounds like the old "we'll admit you if you join the part-time/summer start/some other program that doesn't count against the USNews numbers" trick.  For example, Baylor's somewhat notorious for shoving less competitive candidates to the spring and summer programs to make their fall enrollment numbers (and consequently their ranking) look better.

Ah, gotcha. I guess they're really trying to get their rank up. I viewed them as sorta a safety.. glad I heard from albany so fast. No stress on my part, really. Thanks for the info!
'pumpkin
----------------------
Signed, Sealed Delivered: Albany
Hit the Road Jack:
Get it While You Can: Suffolk (Waitlisted/Withdrawn)
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind:Quinnipiac

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=schlin96