Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Time necessary to study before taking the exam?  (Read 3291 times)

jon

Time necessary to study before taking the exam?
« on: December 28, 2003, 01:03:30 AM »
I'm taking the testmasters course beginning on January 3rd and I'm wondering if that gives me enough time to take the LSAT on October 7th....The course goes until February 3rd, however, i'm wondering if this is a smart move by me and whether it might make more sense for me to take the LSAT course which gears its students for the June test...

Thanks,

Jon

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
Re: Time necessary to study before taking the exam?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 03:48:51 PM »
I used the Princton Review book, studied on my own for 1 1/2 months, took 5 practice tests (including most recent LSAT, October).  I took the test in December and got a 160.  I never scored better than 155 on any practice tests.  In summary you have plenty of time.  Make sure you order original LSATs now if you havent done so already. 

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 09:07:50 PM »
I studied for about two weeks, at home, and got a 163 on the december LSAT.  I think it just depends what kind of score you're going for and whether you normally test well, GREs SATs.
Good Luck!

keating

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 05:08:26 PM »
That's probably too much time before, actually, unless you haven't done any LSAT prep at all. You should schedule your course to end shortly before you take the test, so it all stays fresh.

dailoshane

• View Profile
hahaha
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 03:32:49 AM »
I didn't study at all and took the test for a bet. I scored a 166. It then convinced me that I want to go to law school.

CaliforniaLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 02:13:08 PM »
Dailoshane,

Good luck at law school.  You are an ass.  Your attitude is juvenile and will not win you any friends in law school.

CaliforniaLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 02:17:43 PM »
Jon,

Taking ten months to study for the LSAT may be too much.  I suggest you take the June test.  That would allow you to start your applications early without having to stress about the LSAT in Sept./Oct.  The June test is also administer in the afternoon which is a blessing for those who hate having to be anywhere by 8 AM.  Best of luck on your law career.

lawdawg19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 12:45:36 AM »
A higher LSAT score could lead to a better school, and more money back through scholarships. Take as much time as you can.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 01:54:24 AM »
Dialoshane,

Your message proclaimed the exact attitude toward law school that I despise (unlike me, I wanted to go to law school since I was nine, and I was still probably more mature than you then) first of all you mentality is analogous to this, Hmmm, I wonder what I want to do with my life besides drinking uh... Yeah I'll go to law school. Especially since you did not study you think you are so much better than everyone else huh? I got news for you, you lucked out (oh and by the way LSAT doesn't even get close to gauging how well you will do in law school). I hope you get accepted to a top law school (again if you're lucky) because law school will eat you alive you pretentious arrogant little snot! Do yourself a favor and think about this decision a little more before rushing into a lifetime carreer obligation and save yourself the embarrassment, because if you display that attitude when law school exams come around, well you might as well drop out now, before you become another blip adding to the law schools' attrition rating.
IVY
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 07:44:29 AM »
People: relax.  Lets not start insulting each other.  It only wastes time, energy, and bandwidth.  Keep it topical please.