Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at NESL  (Read 2223 times)

acl1013

• View Profile
Re: In at NESL
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 07:40:48 PM »
Jonter,

Malden is probably the cheapest and while not th closest might be a better solution than merrimack valley.  I'm still waiting on my suffolk acceptance.  I'm surprised that you went to the tuesday open house and no one would talk to you!    Some of my professors who teach at the law school will say..."If you want to go meet some obnoxious kids, go walk through the law school." I mostly want to go to suffolk for professors and the facility. The library just opened about 5 years ago and is fairly new so it's one of the best in the city.  But as for the students, can't say that they are great.  I know a few people who have had great experiences there and loved it, so who knows!

smiley1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 06:44:40 PM »
Hello! This is my first time posting..I posted on another thread too....

I got accepted to both NESL and Suffolk-part time evening division. I have a 3.37 GPA and a 152 LSAT. The NESL acceptance comes in a big envelope with a lot of stuff. The Suffolk acceptance is just a thin business sized envelope..... In case anyone was wondering!

I am 99.9% sure that I will be accepting NESL and not Suffolk. Thus, another Suffolk slot will open up!!!

I am super impressed with the staff at NESL! They also have special programs to help students succeed.  It seems like they REALLY care about the students and not just filling seats. My vibe I get from Suffolk is that they do not bend over backwards like NESL to help students. There attitude is more-dog eat dog - and you are left to your own devices without support. I am from a small state college in Massachusetts so I like Support!!!!

Who cares about reputation at the end of the day? I want my law school experience to be the best academic experience of my life! What good is going to a school that is well respected if you are miserable with the environement. Maybe because I am an older student, I have more perspective now than I would have if i was in my early twenties! LOL

Good luck everyone!

Zurichbr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 01:25:41 AM »
WNEC v. NESL.  What are the pros and cons of each?  What does everyone think?

smiley1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 08:27:40 PM »
Pros- Not in Boston if you are nervous about a huge city and Small and supportive

Cons- They have one of the LOWEST bar passage rates for 1st time takers-it is in the 50's while the average for tier 3 and 4 schools in Boston is 76+ and 80's for the top schools

To me, that is very important because you need to pass the bar to practice! lol

Just my two cents....

evergreatful

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 11:09:38 AM »
PT acceptance yesterday! I definately think I'm going to attend. Anybody think commuting from CT 2 hours on the Amtrak three days a week is insane???

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »
not impossible. congratulations. why don't you move closer?

evergreatful

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 11:15:06 AM »
I'm thinking about moving closer. I moved home from Boston last December and moved in with my father in CT. My apt was wicked exspensive in Boston and a big reason is I could live for  free with the exception of food and what-not. Plus monthly passes on Amtrak aren't that bad.  And I could stay working with the attorney I've been working with since January a couple days a week. But then again a lot of people are advising me to move back to Boston and look for a job. Decisions, decisions...

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 11:17:53 AM »
try it out....see how it works. I miss Boston, I love Newberry st.

evergreatful

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
try it out....see how it works. I miss Boston, I love Newberry st.

Gotta love Newberry. I'm a fan of running by the Charles...
Where do you attend Ivy?

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 11:21:08 AM »
if i tell you my dear, it will dent my charisma.

BTW also miss pizzeria Regina