Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Athletes in Here??  (Read 956 times)

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Any Athletes in Here??
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:34:23 PM »
Sport? Conference/Division? Do you still play/participate?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Any Athletes in Here??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
ran track Division 1... triple jump..high jump & 200.. I'd like to train again but that may not be possible...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »
Wow blk, me too.  ACC Div I 400m & 4x4.  I would like to train again but not for sprints, possibly 1/2 marathons.  Speaking of impossibilities, I would really like to play pro-football for http://www.dcdivas.com/ , oddly, a lot of the women on the team are lawyers and I have to wonder where they find the time.

crazy8

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:19:46 PM »
Ok ladies representin'!  Big East 400IH/400 Div. I runner.  I've retired the spikes, though I've done some 10k's.  My next bout is a 1/2 marathon and then hopefully a marathon one day!

I go to Penn Relays every year, how about you guys?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »
I haven't been since 01... but I'll try to check TX relays this yr ;D.. I've thought about doing a marathon.. I walked 22 miles once and that didn't kill me..so we'll see
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

crazy8

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 02:30:30 PM »
I haven't been since 01... but I'll try to check TX relays this yr ;D.. I've thought about doing a marathon.. I walked 22 miles once and that didn't kill me..so we'll see

If I walked 22 miles I would have had shin splints like a mug.  I do miss those running days. It kept me sane, and def. in shape.  I remember when we would be doing our 3 mile warm-ups and I would see people running on the trails and think to myself, why the hell would people do this for fun.  But I have to say pushing your body to those kinds of limits makes you feel like there's nothing you can't do.

Blk, you know the South can't do it like Penn Relays.  You need to come up to the east side!

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 07:19:59 PM »
Div I - Decathlon, Pentathlon, Hurdles, Long Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Relays.

Man all those brutal hours everyday and all weekend... I ought to be getting some sort of GPA boost.

Right now I am a good number of miles away from being in that body though...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 07:29:28 PM »
Basketball, all day son!

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 10:18:33 AM »
.. I walked 22 miles once and that didn't kill me..so we'll see

Fundraiser?  (I hope your wheels didnt break down somewhere  :-\ )

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 01:02:11 AM »
Hailin up all the track heads. i was a TJ/400H man myself. I miss those days bad. That comment about the GPA boost is funny and true because come track season all weekends were locked down all day for meets... :D..yea i can laugh about that now.

Penn Relays is the place to be the last weekend in April...i haven't been in like 6 yrs because i was in another part of the country but i'm rollin to philly this year...whoooooop whoooooop
it's funny how money change a situation