0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
Re: Gitmo Prisoners
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 04:26:38 PM »
i think for right now i am leaning towards OU over miami. i am going to visit OU on tuesday. if i get into william and mary or washington and lee i will def go. im not sure that it will happen though since i applied so long ago and have heard nothing.  I have heard that vermonth is beautiful. i dont know much about the l school though. as i recall they make maple syrup which is always good i suppose.  I would be hard pressed to go to vermont over colorado thought. for no other reason than i love to snowboard and am sure i could talk someone into moving up their with me.

veg

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 04:34:53 PM »
talk who into moving up to colorado?

I did like Colorado.. It would just be more convenient for me to live in the town that VLS is in, because it's so small... I could live really close to the school.

They have skiing and stuff in Vermont! Not nearly as much or as good as in Colorado, granted.

The cycle's not nearly over yet! You've got time. :)

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 05:40:41 PM »
just random friends i know that would move to colorado if i went to law school their. i have a few friends who r thinking about moving their anyway. i agree about the whole small town thing. i hadnt thought so much about it tell a month or so ago. now im like well cost of living is a huge deal and if i go to a school with a low col then i can move their in may right after i graduate. get a job their and know exactly where i will be living when ls starts. if i go to miami or get off the gw waitlist i will prob have to move back to my hometown and stay with my parents for 3 months while working full time so i can afford to move into a 1000 dollar a month apartment.

almuhajaba

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 08:05:58 PM »
i'm not surprised though, because the UN is kind of good at telling people what to do.  they really shouldn't get too vocal in this case, i think, because it'll just help the UN haters rile up people against them. 

i wonder who voted for hold indef.

obviously, Sir Watson, it was an individual who is the embodiment of evil in its purest form...

florentino ariza

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 12:02:04 AM »
i voted for kill them all.

if we're going to be an evil empire, we might as well f-ing do it right.

nothing is worse than the incompetent bad guy.

(but seriously, hold them as PoWs- you don't need to try them, because it IS an armed conflict and it'd be very hard to get real charges even if they really are terrorists who attacked civilians/US soldiers, but they at least deserve the rights accorded to prisoners of war)

veg

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 08:06:23 AM »
You're absolutely right, SW. And the only way to know as surely as we can (IMO) is to press charges and let the justice system evaluate if they're really guilty of some crime.

florentino ariza

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »
but the problem is that in that case, we're going to end up letting some very bad people go because gathering the evidence from half a world away, including eyewitnesses who may be dead or unwilling to come forward or involved in US operations elsewhere. it's a problem that springs up because they screwed up so much in the first place in creating gitmo, but it doesn't mean we get to ignore that now :(

really, the best thing to do would be to let the ones we don't have enough good evidence on go, try the rest in an international court (which takes forever, so they'd be out of circulation for half a decade anyhoo), and then from now on make anyone we capture during actual fighting or in the act of insurgency a POW.