Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How far do BC and GW carry you out of their regions?  (Read 417 times)

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How far do BC and GW carry you out of their regions?
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:46:53 AM »
I've been investigating the differences between GWU and BC and I've come across one question I can't seem to readily answer:  How far do the degrees carry a graduate outside their regions?  For example, would I be able to go work in DC with a BC degree?  Conversely, how would a GW degree look in Boston?  Is there one that carries you farther than the other?  Or are their rankings close enough that it doesn't matter?  I would really appreciate hearing what anyone has to say about this. 
BC Law class of 2009!

TheGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
Re: How far do BC and GW carry you out of their regions?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »
GW's website shows placement statistics by region.  While most grads stay in the DC area, a fair number head north to Philadelphia and New York.  I'm sure they go to Boston as well. 
Another good resource is the NALP directory (nalpdirectory.com).  Do a browse of Law Firms in Boston and narrow your search to those that conduct on-campus interviews at George Washington. 
They're both great law schools, and I'm sure every lawyer on the East Coast is familiar with the strong reputation of both schools, though admittedly they aren't T14.  You may need to door more legwork to go where you want.