Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.  (Read 94746 times)

goosenesque

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2006, 08:59:31 PM »

if I go to boalt will you be my gf?

What a charming young man!

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2006, 11:48:35 PM »

You may have to settle for bff, omg ROFLMAO

AFK

pja2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2006, 12:26:14 PM »
Are there opportunities in OCIP if you have straight Ps? Do you have to do something else, like a law reivew or moot court to get any good firm jobs?

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2006, 11:39:10 PM »

by the time you go to boalt, i'll have graduated.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2006, 11:40:41 PM »
Are there opportunities in OCIP if you have straight Ps? Do you have to do something else, like a law reivew or moot court to get any good firm jobs?
law review at boalt is a write on rather than a grade on competition. grades are not taken into account and i know of several ppl with straight or mostly p's who are on CLR.

nycpham23

• View Profile
    • Email
WOW K-Sush thanks for all the feedback! I have a question myself though.
I've been working on my PS, but I'm afraid that it makes me come out too conservative. In short, it speaks about my faith and how I have pondered about becoming a priest. The overall PS is about my study of philosophy and how it has changed my outlook on life. Considering the fact that Boalt is known to be liberal.... do you think this would make me look unattractive?? Should I try to focus my PS in another direction?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WOW K-Sush thanks for all the feedback! I have a question myself though.
I've been working on my PS, but I'm afraid that it makes me come out too conservative. In short, it speaks about my faith and how I have pondered about becoming a priest. The overall PS is about my study of philosophy and how it has changed my outlook on life. Considering the fact that Boalt is known to be liberal.... do you think this would make me look unattractive?? Should I try to focus my PS in another direction?

i think you should make your PS true to who you are and what you feel strongly about. boalt isn't nearly as liberal as one might think and, like any school these days, appreciates a little diversity of experience, so you should be fine. and if you are going to be rejected simply because your statement is too conservative, do you really think you wanted to go to that school in the first place?

nycpham23

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks, good point :)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Thanks, good point :)

no problem. but i'll take a peek at it if you want and offer you whatever feedback i can muster. if you decide to do it, just don't wait too close to dec or else i'll be too busy with finals.

Hannibal

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love it when a plan comes together
    • View Profile
1)  What does one need to get a full-tuition scholarship at Boalt.  If you don't have any first hand knowledge, I'd be happy with whatever rumors/heresay you know of.  If someone were accepted at Harvard, Stanford, NYU and Columbia, would Boalt only match scholarship offers, or do they ever use scholarships as a way to lure people away from H and S?

2)  How technology-centered is Boalt.  I know it has a great IP rep, but do you notice a difference?

3)  What married w/children housing options are there?  I own a house in the San Joaquin valley and it is 1:15 commute w/o traffic...

Thanks,
Attending: Stanford
In: Yale, Stanford, Harvard, Chicago($$$), Berkeley, Michigan($$$$), Columbia($$$$), Penn($$$$), Virginia($$$$), Duke($$$$), Northwestern($$$$)