Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.  (Read 94768 times)

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
^Now THAT is how law school should be. <3 Boalt. <3 K-Sush for being so damn helpful all the time.

yeah, dood. :-*
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

pja2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Okay so here is a stupid question: How hard is it to avoid getting straight Ps? I don't want to be a super-gunner but I want to get at least some Hs along the way(maybe 2 a semester, if I'm lucky!). Is it typical for a lot of students to have a mix or is does a majority just have Ps with the rare H...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
i think most non-gunner have a mix of H's and P's. i only know of two people who finished 1L with straight P's. that's not to say, however, that there aren't a few more out there. it's one of those things that doesn't really get advertised at boalt.

goosenesque

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is there a grade lower than P?  So you can pretty much slack off and still ride the Boalt name to a pretty decent job?  No wonder it's so tough to get in there.

Edit: I've been sifting through this thread, and noticed you have an internship in Texas.  Dallas by any chance? If so, what do you think about the 107!!!! temperatures lately? 

donaldduck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is there anything you think incoming 1L's should read up on before classes begin?

I've heard people saying that we should just have fun this summer and not do ANY reading prior to law school.  What's your take on that advice? 

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is there a grade lower than P?  So you can pretty much slack off and still ride the Boalt name to a pretty decent job?  No wonder it's so tough to get in there.

Edit: I've been sifting through this thread, and noticed you have an internship in Texas.  Dallas by any chance? If so, what do you think about the 107!!!! temperatures lately? 

yes you can get a substandard pass and a no credit.

i'm *am* in dallas, but i think it's fine. i like the heat and dallas at 105 is more tolerable than atlanta at 95.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is there anything you think incoming 1L's should read up on before classes begin?

I've heard people saying that we should just have fun this summer and not do ANY reading prior to law school.  What's your take on that advice? 

don't read ANYTHING, unless it's for pleasure.

and if you do read school-related stuff, for god's sake, don't advertise it when you get to school or else you'll come off as a major feminine hygiene product and gunner.

SammyJenkins

• View Profile

and if you do read school-related stuff, for god's sake, don't advertise it when you get to school or else you'll come off as a major feminine hygiene product and gunner.

The law school I'm going to made it mandatory to read "Law School without Fear" by Shalpo.  I haven't read it yet, has anyone else read it before?  What is wrong with reading books on law school before starting?  Is it because the study methods that these books recommend actually do not work?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

The law school I'm going to made it mandatory to read "Law School without Fear" by Shalpo.  I haven't read it yet, has anyone else read it before?  What is wrong with reading books on law school before starting?  Is it because the study methods that these books recommend actually do not work?

no, it's because study methods should be individualized. no specific formula works for everyone. also, it's because those who read PLS, PLS2 and every edition of Examples and Explanations before they start tend to make quick enemies by attempting to show that off to everyone else.

SammyJenkins

• View Profile

no, it's because study methods should be individualized. no specific formula works for everyone. also, it's because those who read PLS, PLS2 and every edition of Examples and Explanations before they start tend to make quick enemies by attempting to show that off to everyone else.

I don't like show offs.  I'm sure there are plenty of them in LS.