Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.  (Read 94687 times)

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc
« Reply #870 on: November 03, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »
3) What in the hell does the CLR write on consist of, and is there anything I can do (or classes I can take) to sharpen my skills for that write on?

I didn't do the write-on, but it involves writing a 1-2 page personal statement (20%), a casenote (60%) and an editing packet (20%).  Less than half the class finishes the write-on, so you have a decent chance of getting on if you simply finish the packet.  More info here: http://clr.boalt.org/write_on.php
Boalt 3L

boaltie

• View Profile
Re: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc
« Reply #871 on: November 04, 2007, 01:22:01 PM »
Thanks.

On an unrelated note, do you think that once all the "boalt" goodies in the bookstore are gone, they will be gone forever?  Seems kind of sad.

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 27, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »
bump
Boalt 3L

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 08, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
Thanks.

On an unrelated note, do you think that once all the "boalt" goodies in the bookstore are gone, they will be gone forever?  Seems kind of sad.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 17, 2007, 12:44:02 PM »
bump

Has the rebranded merchandise made it into the book store yet?

I wonder if they're gonna change the diploma frames too. I still haven't ordered mine. Maybe that was a mistake.

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 18, 2007, 01:14:56 AM »
bump

Has the rebranded merchandise made it into the book store yet?

I wonder if they're gonna change the diploma frames too. I still haven't ordered mine. Maybe that was a mistake.

I'm not sure.  I haven't been to the bookstore in a while.  I imagine they'll have new stuff sometime soon.
Boalt 3L

GOB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
bump
Boalt 3L

SoftFactor

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Ruskie,

What's the attraction of working for BIGLAW in a secondary market? Have you summered at BIGLAW in a secondary market yet? Have you summered at BIGLAW in a primary market? I'd be interested to know the differences, is the clientele as interesting and large scale in secondary markets?

Thanks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hey Ruskie,

What's the attraction of working for BIGLAW in a secondary market? Have you summered at BIGLAW in a secondary market yet? Have you summered at BIGLAW in a primary market? I'd be interested to know the differences, is the clientele as interesting and large scale in secondary markets?

Thanks

I summered at two BIGLAW firms in secondary markets and now work at a BIGLAW firm in a primary market. For me, the initial attraction of the seconary market I chose, was proximity to family and a love for the city -- Atlanta. The compensation is somewhat lower there, but the hours are also far less crazy than in NYC. I think it evens out. The attraction of a primary market is also obvious -- big city, bigger clients, more money. At the end of the day I really can't decide what's better. I see myself eventually going back to a secondary market. It really depends on what my boyfriend and I decide to do.

Duchess85

• View Profile
Are biglaw hours in London similar to those in places such as NYC? What is a typical workweek in terms of hours for you?
Emory Law Class of 2011!