Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.  (Read 95890 times)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Has boalt recovered from it's decade-long slide?  Just curious.   ;)

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
How is everyone now that OCIP is over? How are my 1L's?
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How is everyone now that OCIP is over? How are my 1L's?

1Ls are good! Can't speak for the OCIP crowd, but the 2Ls I know all seem like they have a lot of interesting options.

I'm trying not to stress about what kind of job I want this summer, but it's already sort of beginning....

my advice to you, for which you will thank me later...

if you want a firm job it is absolutely imperative for you to have your mail merge letters written, signed, enveloped and stamped, ready to go on Dec 1. DO NOT delay. the profs and CDO will tell you not to worry about it till after finals or worse, when you get your grades (which can be feb). if you follow their advice, you are losing opportunities for firm jobs every single day past Dec 1 that your stuff isn't sent out. i've known ppl who got offers before grades came out, and even before finals. so seriously, take my advice on this one.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ed Tom will probably call me and chastise me for saying this, but Boalt's CDO is generally utterly useless. You're better off talking to 2L's and 3L's.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ed Tom will probably call me and chastise me for saying this, but Boalt's CDO is generally utterly useless. You're better off talking to 2L's and 3L's.

Anyone with 2 first names is generally useless.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
The shut-in factor?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
No and no! But I will try to do both.

(Although I continue to have a deep and abiding love for the All Star Sandwich Bar. I love that place; I always end up with barbecue sauce in my hair. Classay.)
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
I've tried the Cuban at Montrose Spa; I think I shall try the Oxford tomorrow. Thank you 1000x for the rec. Lunch is so hard sometimes, I just eat a Clif bar. Depressing.
This sig kills fascists.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Is there any particular reason that you keep coming back to this thread?

Morbid curiosity.  Providing enlightenment.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN

Is there any particular reason that you keep coming back to this thread?

Morbid curiosity.  Providing enlightenment.

I DO feel enlightened by this! I guess your whole existence is validated now!

Oh. Wait.
This sig kills fascists.