Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt student taking questions about Boalt, law school in general, work, etc.  (Read 95544 times)

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile

850 may be on the low end of apts and will be hard to find...(although you will find some studios at that range).  In terms of whether they are tolerable or not...I remember looking at a studio that had prime location for 900...but stunk like bad B.O. and had a few broken windows. Of course...this was across the street from campus and the further away you live from CAL, the cheaper places become. 

So you took it, right?  I would have.  That's the best deal ever!

I miss questionable housing...

On the subject of cars...I went there for UG and had a car.  I used my car to get to work, although it wasn't entirely necessary.  If I didn't have that job I would have used my car once every other week (in town) to go get groceries.  I never went out in it (walked) and it is such a big pain to park that the time spent trying to find a spot was almost the same as public transit.  It does help in those circumstances like groceries or dentists.

Yeah, that sounds like a steal.  I got a great deal too, but I think it's because I came so early.  My place is about 4 blocks from school and it's a 600 sq. ft. 1bd/1ba that's fully furnished for just 1,000/mo.  I think there are great deals available, but you just have to look early.  Also, I think most students can get that subsidized housing.  I have a buddy who lives in a really nice  3bd townhouse type thing and only pays like 1,000.  You can expect to pay more if you want to live alone, but I know many folks who are paying as little as 450/mo to live in nice houses with two or more other people.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I know lots of folks are applying to Boalt and there seem to be a few people here who are spreading a lot of misinformation. I am here to answer what questions I can, as honestly as I can.  They don't have to be about Boalt either.  Work, school, journals, Bay Area, social life, etc. are all fair game.

Yes I have two important questions regarding Boalt.

Is that your picture in your profile?
If yes, what are your measurements?

Thanks so much.

ONLY because there seems to be so much misinformation about Boalt out there  ;)

yes

34-24-36

twelvehundred

yes

34-24-36

Only if she's 5'3''

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

yes

34-24-36

Only if she's 5'3''

i'm 5'1.  i am not sure why you think i have to be 5'3 for those measurements to be truthful.

Slow Blues

yes

34-24-36

Only if she's 5'3''

i'm 5'1.  i am not sure why you think i have to be 5'3 for those measurements to be truthful.

That was a Sir Mix-A-Lot reference. Baby Got Back.

jeb240

yes

34-24-36

Only if she's 5'3''

Nice.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

yes

34-24-36

Only if she's 5'3''

That was a Sir Mix-A-Lot reference. Baby Got Back.

oh, lmao. didn't catch that.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
by the way, those of you looking to learn a bit more about the students at boalt, the academic environment, etc. might find this most-read blog at boalt helpful.

http://boaltalk.blogspot.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
In case you're interested, there's some student commentary on the erroneous email incident at the blog in the post above.  So far, it looks like most students don't think it's a huge deal.

Gary Glitter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
hey ruskie

i'm 1L at a T20 on the east coast and am sort of sick of the cold weather [i'm a cali boy at heart]

after first sem. i'm top 16-35% and am thinking about putting a transfer app to boalt. am i competitive or would i be wasting my time? i graduated from a top UC with a bio degree and have 3 years neuroendocrinology lab experience and am looking to do IP law (and i know berkeley has a strong ip program)

please let me know if u have any input! thanks :)
The Good:Harvard, Stanford
The Bad:
The Ugly: Yale