Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcript Request Form Question  (Read 1294 times)

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Transcript Request Form Question
« on: July 26, 2004, 07:47:18 PM »
Hello all.  I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not LSAC accepts a copy of my transcript request form that was faxed to my college, or do I need to mail one with an original signature to my college?

Dillon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript Request Form Question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 06:21:12 PM »
?same Q; anyone?

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 11:03:17 PM »
Well, I requested a transcript online from my college to be sent to LSDAS, with no request form from LSAC. Yesterday I got an email saying that it had been received by LSDAS but that I had to pay for the service before they could process it (which I did, and it now says "Transcript received - processed 10/21/04). So if they processed it without the form at all,  I'm pretty sure they'll process it with a faxed signature.

Dillon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 11:47:51 PM »
Thanks, I talked with them yesterday about that.  They said if you fax it the bar code is worthless.  So, they charged you?  How much?  I have four transcripts to send in...

Lulu

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 05:47:11 PM »
I think the other poster was saying that she hadn't paid for the LSDAS service yet when they got her transcript. That happened with me when my first LOR was processed.

I also just requested it from my school online with no form, and it was fine. HOWEVER, I sent it in a few weeks ago; I think they're backed up right now, so if the barcode makes it quicker, do it in such a way that the barcode can be scanned, cause it took them about 2 weeks to process my transcript after they received it, (so like 3 weeks in all) and this was in late August, before the backlog began.