Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October LSAT - harder than usual?  (Read 7066 times)

DS8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
October LSAT - harder than usual?
« on: February 15, 2006, 10:57:11 AM »
Hey all,

I was wondering what your experiences were with the October 2005 LSAT. I took it and got a 163--about 7 points less than my average practice test. Anyone else have a similar experience? I got 2 games questions wrong on the whole test but a bunch of LR and RC q's wrong. :(

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
Re: October LSAT - harder than usual?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »
It seemed about average for my test scores. But I can't really tell the different between the harder old, old tests, and the 'easier' new ones. I scored 165-175 range on all of them. I think I was stuck in that range no matter what, and I ended up scoring exactly in the middle *L*

magnumalv

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 06:38:26 PM »
Hey all,

I was wondering what your experiences were with the October 2005 LSAT. I took it and got a 163--about 7 points less than my average practice test. Anyone else have a similar experience? I got 2 games questions wrong on the whole test but a bunch of LR and RC q's wrong. :(

I made a 173, 2 pts above my avg. It didn't seem too bad.

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »
That was my actual test and I did right around my average overall, but my best ever on games (0 wrong).

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 08:50:20 PM »
that was my actual test and I thought it was incredibly easier than my practice tests..
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 08:54:20 PM »
I did worse than on practice tests.  The last game killed me for some reason.

My prep consisted solely of taking old exams (5-6?) in the three weeks before the real deal.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »
My actual test too.  I didn't practice much, but I did significantly better on the real thing than I did on the couple of practices I did.  I don't think it was harder--the games (with the circuits and all) actually seemed easier.

misery

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »
My actual test, test was a lil bit easier, but the scaling more than made up for it.

Dionysus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 12:02:53 PM »
My Actual Test.  Scored a 170, which was a few points below my practice average.  Test seemed normal compared to the other recent tests, somehow bombed the last five questions of one of the LR.  Misbubbling?
sizup

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »
My actual test too.  171, about where I was practicing (170-175).  I smoked the LR, screwed up somehow on the last game (missed the last three, but I don't have the heart to go back and figure out what I did wrong), but RC was HORRIBLE!  All four passages were horrendously long, and a bunch of those questions were those awful "Based on the passage, the author would most likely agree with which of the following?" questions, not the easy ones where you could just refer back and pick out the subtle details in the text.  I missed four, and I had NEVER missed more than 2 on ANY practice section (and usually missed 0 or 1).

Yeah, I'm still a little bitter.   >:(
Emory '09

LSN