Law School Discussion

Shite. I've completely forgotten about Fin-aid forms. Are they due tomorrow?

I soon as I send in the submit number does that count as "sending"?  Can I do this Feb 27th to make the March 1st deadline?

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
yes thats when it counts if u r doing it online.

sarcastic1

• I've got the 1L blues
    • View Profile
I filled out my FAFSA, and I dont need to do the needbased thing. Do I wait until I am accepted to fill out the individual schools' forms or do I do them now? I haven't received anything about financial aid from any school I've applied/been accepted to.

jeb240

I filled out my FAFSA, and I dont need to do the needbased thing. Do I wait until I am accepted to fill out the individual schools' forms or do I do them now? I haven't received anything about financial aid from any school I've applied/been accepted to.

This depends on the school.  For some schools it's whenever, for some it's a window of time after you're accepted and still for others it's a set date for everyone, whether you're in or not.  You'll have to go through your list and figure it out.  There was a slapped-together list on the financial aid board.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
I decided to wait until after I got in to do the school-specific forms, so that I don't waste time on schools that reject me (Stanford? please, no!), yield-protect me (ahem, Boalttt? what's the holdup.), or that I get into but decide not to go to (and after Columbia's Hamilton offer, several other schools quickly entered this category).

Do you have to pay for need access?  Honestly, most of the schools that require need access for me are long-shots.  Should I just wait until I hear back from the schools before I fill it out?

jeb240

Do you have to pay for need access?  Honestly, most of the schools that require need access for me are long-shots.  Should I just wait until I hear back from the schools before I fill it out?

That's a judgement call.  I had to make it, too.  I did it for the ones that I've gotten into, and for some of the ones that I think I honestly have a shot at.  For others (HYS), I'll do it if/when I get in.  I don't have money to spend on forms that schools that don't want me will throw away as soon as they arrive.

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
ahh i wish the accountant would hurry..i am so impatient..my mom gave him mine and hers info and hes doing our 2005 taxes this weekend...which means i cant fill out needaccess/CSS till tuesday at the earliest...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i did the fasfa 2 weeks ago, but it was still past the feb 1st deadline brooklyn gave (oops!, i didnt want to go there anyway..)

-suz

Why don't you do your own taxes?  I've been doing them since I was 16.. its really not that hard!

!!

• View Profile
Why don't you do your own taxes?  I've been doing them since I was 16.. its really not that hard!

Yeah.  I downloaded H&R Block TaxCut for $10, and I was done with my taxes in a half an hour. Saved me from filling out the whole 1040 long form and my complicated-ass schedules.  Worth every penny.