Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shite. I've completely forgotten about Fin-aid forms. Are they due tomorrow?  (Read 2873 times)

r.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
What do I do--where do I get these forms.

Need Access and FAFSA?

Help anyone, please
Byron's Don Juan:  Booker T. Washington Elementary School
Milton's Paradise Lost: Middle School

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAFSA's due March 2, no? I don't know about need access. I guess this is a bump...

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
www.needaccess.org

www.fafsa.ed.gov

Different schools have different deadlines - sooner is always better though.  It also helps if you've already done your taxes because otherwise you'll have to file an updated version of each, which possibly could delay your aid (probably won't but can't hurt to be done).  Need Access requires parent's info, FAFSA does not.

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Northwestern and Virginia are due tomorrow. Most of the other t14 are due either by 3/1 or 3/15. Can't speak for schools outside the t14. Definitely get started now even if your schools have 3/15 deadlines... seriously getting all the info for these LENGTHY forms as well as copies of your parents tax forms can take weeks.
CLS'09

jeb240

Not to toot my own (and that of others) horn, but this might help for some of your schools:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,50147.0.html

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Why would there be a deadline for 1Ls?  A lot of people aren't even accepted yet.  UM will take your FAFSA right up till the start of the semester.

jeb240

Why would there be a deadline for 1Ls?  A lot of people aren't even accepted yet.  UM will take your FAFSA right up till the start of the semester.

Because this process is not geared towards helping us, the applicants.  A lot of schools say to apply by the deadline, whether or not you've been accepted, and that applying after the deadline really does hurt your chances (slim as they were to begin with) for getting anything, assuming you even get in.

The most annoying part of that being that some schools use the Need Access and CSS, both of which cost money, and I don't get why they think it makes sense to make me pay to have this middleman service send paperwork about me and my finances to a school that won't give a damn because they rejected or waitlisted me.

Some schools, like Michigan, don't have deadlines.  In general there doesn't seem to be a rule, but for a few schools the dates of choice seem to be tomorrow, as the OP realized, and 3/1.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Does anyone know which law schools have their deadline listed as tomorrow?

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
If you don't have one, sign up for your Department of Education PIN...NOW (it can take some time to process)!

http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/appinstr.jsp

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Don't you have to pay for NeedAccess?  Is it a per/school charge or overall fee?