Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dating in Law school  (Read 4427 times)

aboynoir

• Sr. Citizen
  • English Literature / 3.Something / LSAT in June
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dating in Law school
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 03:13:19 PM »
yep. looks like you're gonna have to let Jeff Daniels down easy...

I was told by a professor who I am pretty cool with that the first year is the ultimate test on any relationship. You have no time to do anything except school work. *sigh*

Bahahahaha!!! That was hilarious.

Seriously though, I hope I dont break his heart.  ::)

ttiwed

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 03:21:18 PM »
Maybe we all speak so freely becasaue we don't know anyone, but either way I've still heard law school is a pretty fun place where you can meet people you'll stay in touch with the rest of your life. Sounds like undergrad...hmmm, yea anyway, Dewitt I'm sure your law school peers will all have the greatest respect for you, as long as you don't show them...err, well, you know, your priceless memories from spending $14.

too late. my friend already put a montage of those pics on his webpage. that bulge has been seen by practically everyone i know. i'll be sure to email you the link, my #1 "bulge cult" fan.  ;) :D

Victor

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 03:28:42 PM »
"Droppin science like Asian chicks with the runs"

victor, i don't get it...

dating in law school will be a lot easier than dating in undergrad. one problem i had with gf's in undergrad is trying to study together. i was with this girl who was an interior design major and she needed a drafting table to do her work but i needed a computer to type papers and stuff. so it was really hard for us to study together. but in law school, everyone has the same classes!

plus, since the classes (1L, 2L, 3L) are smaller, there'll be a tighter-knit community, which means you'll get to know people on a deeper level much easier. unfortunately though, that'll also mean more drama.

i seriously hope my law school peers will be just as fun as the people on this board. i've never met a group of people who can speak so freely and shamelessly about their own junk (see love board).

Which part dont you get? Droppin science or the like asian chicks with the runs or the both?

As for your other comments, I think it depends, some lawschool classes are large. But hey if you can pull off dating and not fall off in LS, do your thing.

I know its something you can easily pull of in UG. Everyone procrastinates in UG. Got a project due in a month that means 3 weeks of having fun and one stressful weekend working on a project. Cant do that in Law school.

NYKnicks

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 03:30:18 PM »
Dude I should stop talking to you you're bad for my health.

Maybe we all speak so freely becasaue we don't know anyone, but either way I've still heard law school is a pretty fun place where you can meet people you'll stay in touch with the rest of your life. Sounds like undergrad...hmmm, yea anyway, Dewitt I'm sure your law school peers will all have the greatest respect for you, as long as you don't show them...err, well, you know, your priceless memories from spending $14.

too late. my friend already put a montage of those pics on his webpage. that bulge has been seen by practically everyone i know. i'll be sure to email you the link, my #1 "bulge cult" fan.  ;) :D

ttiwed

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 03:40:48 PM »

dating in law school will be a lot easier than dating in undergrad. one problem i had with gf's in undergrad is trying to study together. i was with this girl who was an interior design major and she needed a drafting table to do her work but i needed a computer to type papers and stuff. so it was really hard for us to study together. but in law school, everyone has the same classes!

plus, since the classes (1L, 2L, 3L) are smaller, there'll be a tighter-knit community, which means you'll get to know people on a deeper level much easier. unfortunately though, that'll also mean more drama.

i seriously hope my law school peers will be just as fun as the people on this board. i've never met a group of people who can speak so freely and shamelessly about their own junk (see love board).

Which part dont you get? Droppin science or the like asian chicks with the runs or the both?

As for your other comments, I think it depends, some lawschool classes are large. But hey if you can pull off dating and not fall off in LS, do your thing.

I know its something you can easily pull of in UG. Everyone procrastinates in UG. Got a project due in a month that means 3 weeks of having fun and one stressful weekend working on a project. Cant do that in Law school.

i don't get the asian girl part.

dating, as in the run around for when you're working on a girl, wastes a lot of time and can be detrimental to your law school grades. but once you find a gf, i don't think it'll be that bad. and i was talking about law school classes as in the class year (1L, 2L, 3L like freshman, soph, junior, senior in high school and college). law school classes are smaller cause the average law school is about 800 people, whereas the average university is about tens of thousands of people. therefore, the tighter-knit community.

haha, that's what you should have said like 30 posts ago!

Moogle

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 03:45:25 PM »
Looks like I'll be continuing my girlfriendless life come 2005 when I expect to enter law school. Hmm that leaves me a whole year...better start looking for one now.

Don't despair buddy, there are always international love brides.  A year is a long time to find a wife (errr... girlfriend) when you got US dollars  ;).    
When in doubt on the LSAT, always choose F as the answer.

Victor

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 03:58:01 PM »

i don't get the asian girl part.

dating, as in the run around for when you're working on a girl, wastes a lot of time and can be detrimental to your law school grades. but once you find a gf, i don't think it'll be that bad. and i was talking about law school classes as in the class year (1L, 2L, 3L like freshman, soph, junior, senior in high school and college). law school classes are smaller cause the average law school is about 800 people, whereas the average university is about tens of thousands of people. therefore, the tighter-knit community.

haha, that's what you should have said like 30 posts ago!

Well from my avitar, it shows an Asian girl handling her business (droppin *&^%). Hence the droppin science like Asian chicks with the runs.

ttiwed

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 04:58:22 PM »
oh. hahahaha! nice! my monitor at work is so bad, i can't tell the girl is asian. i'll have to check that out when i get home. how did you convince mukhia to give you that pic?

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 05:40:06 PM »
I think Law School dating will be fine.  Everyone's so busy so you won't have to worry about neglecting your significant other or them complaining that "You don't spend enough time with me"... that's if they're also in law school or something else time consuming.  Also, you can study together and all that good stuff so I guess that could be some kind of bonding experience or something.     
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

thinknpositive

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 05:44:55 PM »
I think Law School dating will be fine.  Everyone's so busy so you won't have to worry about neglecting your significant other or them complaining that "You don't spend enough time with me"... that's if they're also in law school or something else time consuming.  Also, you can study together and all that good stuff so I guess that could be some kind of bonding experience or something.     

yeah but what if you date someone that goes to the institution's undergrad???