Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: visiting uga on the 23rd  (Read 469 times)

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
visiting uga on the 23rd
« on: February 13, 2006, 04:10:46 PM »
anyone been? stuff I should do/look out for?

will post my own review when I get back.
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

imago

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: visiting uga on the 23rd
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »
Make sure you allow plenty of time to park.  If you don't have a pass to park in the N. Campus deck, you might have a hard time. 

Sit in on a Civ Pro class with Prof. Shipley or Brown; both are awesome.

Say hey to Greg Roseboro in the admissions office, very nice guy.

ChrisDMB41

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 11:55:32 AM »
I've been.  I think you should be alright for parking just pull into the North Deck which is right across from the school and park.  Before your visit is over go to the admissions office and get a parking voucher from them so you don't have to pay when you pull out. If you do choose to go there, parking is 270 dollars a year...ouch.  I guess thats pretty common at a large school though.

Also what I thought was sort of funny when I visted was that in the class I was in which was pretty large, when the teacher started to speak there was an eruption of the sound of laptop keyboards, it was pretty hard to get used to.  Just thought it was funny.
Accepted: UGA, Alabama, Mercer. Emory, Georgia State
Deferred: Duke

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ChrisDMB41

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:52:54 AM »
anyone been? stuff I should do/look out for?

will post my own review when I get back.

Athens is supposed to be a very fun college town. Have a safe trip and let us know what you think.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

eli250

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »
I visited last week and thought the facility was nice.  Downtown Athens was great too.  The law school is right next to it.  I did see signs that Athens has a pretty high crime rate though and large pockets of poverty.  Public housing units are scattered in some of the areas pretty close to the university.  I've heard it is not as safe as the typical college town. 

The tour I got was pretty generic; be ready to ask questions or the guide won't give any new info. 

Parking in the north deck is 270 per year or 30 a month, but there are 10 dollar per month lots pretty close to the law school as well.