Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have a free Kaplan timed practice LSAT coming up.  (Read 1264 times)

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
Re: I have a free Kaplan timed practice LSAT coming up.
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »
I confirmed it with a girl who just took the Kaplan free practice test...It is LSAT test #40 that was administered June 2003.

It is the same one that Powerscore uses too and also TM uses that one as a diagnostic.

Kaplan makes up a 5th section that is an actually made up test section, that one is not a real LSAT.

Hey..I am going to go and take it because I like the idea of simulated test conditions.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
If you are studying for a future LSAT, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you go take this free LSAT regardless of your skill level.  As Vera pointed out, it still involves simulated test conditions.  You can't reproduce these on your own unless you have several friends who want to pose as annoying test takers and another really good friend with LSAT experience and the patience to adminster 5 sections for you.  That said, they also give you a nice score report that breaks down your performance on different types of questions so you can see what you need to work on.  I know the first Kaplan diagnostic I took I did terrible on--a direct result of distractions by others, more strict proctoring, a little bit of nervousness, and just getting use to a different desk than I usually practice on.

Not to be a jerk, but I think it will also be a good wake-up call to those of you who "proctor" your own exams and allow yourself to get away with stuff that test administrators will not (i.e...use an extra 5 seconds to finish a section, bubble in your guesses after time is called, take more than a few seconds for breaks between sections, score your own tests and give yourself a question or two because you ALMOST chose the right one or forgot to guess a letter on, etc.).  That 175 you're getting can quickly become a 165 if you don't do everything exactly right.  The Kaplan simulation will let you know what will and won't be allowed so that when you practice on your own you can adjust your own proctoring rules accordingly.

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »
If Kaplan does have ulterior motives so what take the simulated test so you know where you are. When you take a timed test by yourself its totally different then sitting in an uncomfortable chair at a little desk (or big desk with a few people) Your next signing your life away so I suggest taking it.  Plus the proctors arents as forgiving as you are to yourself.

lsatflunkie

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 10:10:51 PM »
FYI- kaplan does use real tests- I took the course- it didn't help me- but they DO use REAL TESTS! 

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 10:15:28 PM »
I took law course too. It helped me with the games but thats it. It was worth it ... I knew what to expect and holy friggin books batman!

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »
i took kaplan and loved it..but that could be b/c it was the only prep course that I took, and it made me study alot

but i recommend it  :)
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Floridaman

• Oy Oy OY
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weezermanmh
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Account
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 11:06:03 PM »
I just started the Kaplan classroom course tonight, took a diagnostic test...
Felt better about this one than the free one, still need to work on my RC
Applied to: Florida, Mercer, Ole Miss

I'm almost certain I'm going to UF w00t