Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you ask for more scholarship $$$  (Read 765 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
How do you ask for more scholarship $$$
« on: February 12, 2006, 01:24:52 AM »
After browsing LSN, I have decided that I am pissed at UK. They offered me less money than any of my other acceptances, and with the offer I have now, I probably won't go. However, if my offer looked like some of the offers given to comparable applicants on LSN, I would really consider it.

How do I ask for more money? Is it wrong to do so?

To me it seems like a cheap move, but what do I know? ;D

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: How do you ask for more scholarship $$$
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 01:50:32 AM »
Somewhere there is a thread from last cycle about this very topic - do a search to find it.  But basically if you have offers from other places that are similarly ranked, then you should definitely ask for more money.  Email or call and say that you'd want to go there if the money were comparable but another school is giving you much more money, etc.  I mean being tactful and humble is key, rather than seeming entitled I think. But it's worth it!

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 03:10:36 AM »
Somewhere there is a thread from last cycle about this very topic - do a search to find it.  But basically if you have offers from other places that are similarly ranked, then you should definitely ask for more money.  Email or call and say that you'd want to go there if the money were comparable but another school is giving you much more money, etc.  I mean being tactful and humble is key, rather than seeming entitled I think. But it's worth it!

Well said.
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:14:20 PM »
i take it uk offered $10k total, not $10k per year?

EDIT: but arent you a KY resident?  even $10k total is a lot better offer than $30k for someone out of state