Law School Discussion

Notre Dame "provisional list"

Re: Notre Dame "provisional list"
« Reply #500 on: August 11, 2006, 08:27:06 AM »
Class size is down to 201. They are probably shooting for 200 flat. My guess is if there are two no-shows, one spot opens up. 3 no-shows, 2 spots and so on. Don't give up, y'all. This could be you--http://closeduniverse.blogspot.com/ With how much some of you would like to end up here, it would really be an honor to have you as classmates. Good luck.

*edit* If you get a call, it will be on the end of the first day of orientation, August 18th. If you don't hear by then, it will definitely be time to hang it up.

Thanks for keeping us updated  :) and for sharing the blog.

Yep, no problem. Make sure to start at the bottom and work your way up. The author didn't get a call until the end of the first day of orientation. Never say never, I guess.

yup, the blog brought tears to my eyes--how lame am I! after waiting for a similar call for so many months i will hold out every ounce of hope that one of you receives a similar call, sooner than later.

i, on the other hand, have three days to accept the reality of second best. blah

« Reply #501 on: August 11, 2006, 08:48:13 AM »
Class size is down to 201. They are probably shooting for 200 flat. My guess is if there are two no-shows, one spot opens up. 3 no-shows, 2 spots and so on. Don't give up, y'all. This could be you--http://closeduniverse.blogspot.com/ With how much some of you would like to end up here, it would really be an honor to have you as classmates. Good luck.

*edit* If you get a call, it will be on the end of the first day of orientation, August 18th. If you don't hear by then, it will definitely be time to hang it up.

Yep, no problem. Make sure to start at the bottom and work your way up. The author didn't get a call until the end of the first day of orientation. Never say never, I guess.

yup, the blog brought tears to my eyes--how lame am I! after waiting for a similar call for so many months i will hold out every ounce of hope that one of you receives a similar call, sooner than later.

i, on the other hand, have three days to accept the reality of second best. blah

I've been reading your posts for a long time and have been silently rooting for you throughout this entire process. It would be a damn shame if ND missed out on someone like you. I almost feel guilty knowing I'm taking the seat of someone who is so passionate about the school and is just as deserving of being there as I am. Really, if there is anything I can do (short of withdrawing) let me know.

BTK

• This is what democracy looks like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
UND09. Thank you for givig us hope.  I also cried while reading the blog. It just hit to close to home.

« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2006, 11:59:12 AM »

I've been reading your posts for a long time and have been silently rooting for you throughout this entire process. It would be a damn shame if ND missed out on someone like you. I almost feel guilty knowing I'm taking the seat of someone who is so passionate about the school and is just as deserving of being there as I am. Really, if there is anything I can do (short of withdrawing) let me know.

*tears welling up YET again* Thank you--that means so much. Don't feel guilty--not one bit! As much as I would love to spend the next three years learning the law at Notre Dame, I do believe that things happen as they are supposed to, although the reasons aren't always ours to know. Just appreciate the opportunity you have been given and ENJOY your time there--and cheer really loud at the football games!!!! :)

BTK don't lose hope--we're all keeping our fingers crossed for ya!

« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2006, 01:37:33 PM »
UND09. Thank you for givig us hope.  I also cried while reading the blog. It just hit to close to home.

I wish there was more I could do. Best of luck.

« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2006, 01:41:59 PM »

*tears welling up YET again* Thank you--that means so much. Don't feel guilty--not one bit! As much as I would love to spend the next three years learning the law at Notre Dame, I do believe that things happen as they are supposed to, although the reasons aren't always ours to know. Just appreciate the opportunity you have been given and ENJOY your time there--and cheer really loud at the football games!!!! :)

No matter where you are taking your classes, you will only get out of it what you are willing to put in. You obviously have a lot to be proud of and a lot going for you. You'll do great no matter where you end up. Best of luck.

« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »

No matter where you are taking your classes, you will only get out of it what you are willing to put in. You obviously have a lot to be proud of and a lot going for you. You'll do great no matter where you end up. Best of luck.

What a beautiful thing to say--thank you. We can only do what we can with what we have where we are, right? :) Best of luck to you as well--ENJOY IT!!

BTK

• This is what democracy looks like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »
This is the week.  Good Luck all.

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 14, 2006, 08:35:23 AM »
Those of us still waiting... I feel we are truly at the crossroads, for this week will shape the course of our destinies.  Perhaps, a few of us may get in, but a larger number of us won't... but as Greengirl has stated in a number of her posts, I too believe, that we will end up where we are supposed to... and whether it's ND or our already respected chosen schools, we have all been given a tremendous opportunity, the opportunitiy to attend law school and that is a great feat within itself.   

So on that note, I wish not only myself, but everyone much luck, success and happiness. It's also nice to know I am keeping vigil at the crossroads with some truly special people.

« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2006, 06:13:44 AM »
you are all in my best wishes and prayers--i will anxiously await the news :)