Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame "provisional list"  (Read 40992 times)

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
Re: Notre Dame "provisional list"
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »
She told me they received too many acceptances and are oversubscribed. I mentioned recruitment because law schools come to CLEO to recruit students and that is what I was asking her about when she told me the class is full. Its by all means not a concrete answer, there is still over a month before school begins so its still possible that some of those admitted students might withdraw, but the way she made it seem it is not very likely.

Oh, I think I understand now... Schools recruit minorities and low-income students from CLEO. And I assume you basically asked if they were going to be recruiting for this coming fall? 
In which she responded that they had too many students enrolled and will not even be going to the waitlist. 

My confusion came from me being under the impression that you were recruiting students for CLEO.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

Snowy838

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 26, 2006, 04:38:13 PM »
She told me they received too many acceptances and are oversubscribed. I mentioned recruitment because law schools come to CLEO to recruit students and that is what I was asking her about when she told me the class is full. Its by all means not a concrete answer, there is still over a month before school begins so its still possible that some of those admitted students might withdraw, but the way she made it seem it is not very likely.

Oh, I think I understand now... Schools recruit minorities and low-income students from CLEO. And I assume you basically asked if they were going to be recruiting for this coming fall? 
In which she responded that they had too many students enrolled and will not even be going to the waitlist. 

My confusion came from me being under the impression that you were recruiting students for CLEO.

Yes, that's correct. I am a CLEO student who is also on the ND waitlist. 

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 26, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »
I totally understand now, and although it was news I don't think most of us wanted to hear, thanks for the update, Snowy.

I was kind of hoping they were actually re-evalutating our apps again.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

Snowy838

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »
I know and I am sorry.  I was also heart broken to here that. I am actually almost certain that I am going to defer and reapply next time around, that's how bad I want to go to Notre Dame. I know we all do. Best of luck to all of you, and I still have hope that at least a few of us waitlisted will get in.

Tulip82

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 27, 2006, 11:09:54 AM »
I just withdrew from the class. HTH, and good luck.
Sprouting horns... UT '09

Apples and Oranges

• Sr. Citizen
  • My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: June 27, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »

Thanks Tulip! Enjoy UT  :)

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 27, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »

Thanks and Congrats!

Sir James Matthew Barrie

BTK

• Sr. Citizen
  • This is what democracy looks like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »
Based on what we know now, who thinks it's over?

john83

« Reply #368 on: June 27, 2006, 09:29:24 PM »
Based on what we know now, who thinks it's over?

a few people will get in. not many.

waitlistedeverywhere

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2006, 10:41:25 PM »
this is very strange that they would say they'd be taking 10-15 people and then all of a sudden they are over booked.