Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame "provisional list"  (Read 41095 times)

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
Re: Notre Dame "provisional list"
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2006, 02:51:04 PM »
Yes... from what Margaret said it sounded like it was the whole admissions process all over again... Crazy, huh???

Good luck to all.  I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath for the rest of May... haha.

I might send them the medical bills for the stress induced illness this will all cause  :D :D  it's out of our hands, though--this might sound lame but things do happen as they are supposed to. at some point you have to just let it go and see what happens :)

Cheers to that... I guess we all have to just know we'll end up where we are supposed to!

What are everyone else's backups?
Accepted: IU-Bloomington ($), Case ($$), American
Waitlisted: ND, Wash&Lee
Rejected: Northwestern, GWU, UNC

BTK

• Sr. Citizen
  • This is what democracy looks like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2006, 03:19:18 PM »
Hi all... I'm on the Provisional List as well... and I just called the ND office.  I was told that there would be NO movement on the list during May.  Only starting in June.  Yikes... more waiting for us!   :-\

Oh WOW!! that's insane; I think they are really going to re-review our files.

They are waiting until after the second deposit deadline passes.  They're expecting a lot of action on the waiting list this year and don't want to prematurely accept people only to lose them to other schools on top of them in the hierarchy.

How do you know that hey are expecting a lot of action on the waitlist?

Snowy838

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2006, 03:27:54 PM »

I didn't think Notre Dame HAD a second seat deposit. Hmmm...So is that due June 1st? and how do we know they expect to pull a lot from the lists??

oh,yes--the domino effect will start soon. just wait for harvard et al to start pulling off their lists; then we'll have a better idea
[/quote]

I don't think they have a 2nd deposit deadline. I think they're probably waiting for other schools 2nd deposit deadlines.

dbk10

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »
Sorry, that's what I meant about the hierarchy stuff.  They're waiting to see who is really interested.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2006, 02:45:01 AM »
notre dame's my #1.  i have 5 dream schools. 2 i didn't apply to and notre dame is the higher of the three i did apply to; if i get in, i'm going.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
This is going to be a long month...
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

christiney

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2006, 02:34:43 PM »
This is really frustrating.... first it was April, then mid-May and now June? I am really unimpressed with ND at this point. I know that we are waitlisted and cant be too picky but I really feel like I'm being strung along and I thought Notre Dame was better than that

I suspect this is all because they are understaffed at the moment

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »
Yeah, but there still is an "admissions committee" in place.  Everything we have heard thus far is just rumored.  Last year, they called people in May, and after May, you were asked if you wanted to stay on the list and you were then ranked.  I think some people may still hear this month, as it states in their provisional list enclosure unless there is some other official notification sent contradicting this.  I think it's too risky for them to hold off too many apps until June. Is this all wishful thinking? Perhaps.  But like I said, everything stated on this board is just rumors so far.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2006, 02:52:05 PM »
This is really frustrating.... first it was April, then mid-May and now June? I am really unimpressed with ND at this point. I know that we are waitlisted and cant be too picky but I really feel like I'm being strung along and I thought Notre Dame was better than that

I suspect this is all because they are understaffed at the moment

Dramagal is right. In the original enclosure they said that they might call a few, but VERY few, in May and then the rest won't know until the summer months, namely June and July. Notre Dame, like many other schools, will call students, or has been known to call students, as late as August. This has a lot to do with the fact that they dont' have a second seat deposit so some people who get called off other waitlists late in the summer simply won't show up at orientation at ND. When your class is as small as theirs it makes sense. I'm sure you are frustrated but try to stay calm and patient. You will end up where you are meant to be--trust that.

Good luck to you  :)

Ever

« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

:-\ The only thing I received in my letter about the waitlist was directions if I wanted to stay on it. I didn't get anything regarding dates or sending in further material and when I did submit my desire to remain I never received a conformation email.