Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Invited to admitted student's chat = acceptance?  (Read 506 times)

ljl3y

• View Profile
Invited to admitted student's chat = acceptance?
« on: February 10, 2006, 09:02:28 AM »
OK, just a little baseless speculation while I wait for response from the admissions department to my email requesting clarity.

I was invited via email to attend an admitted studen't chat for Miami.  Am I in?
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Invited to admitted student's chat = acceptance?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 10:04:29 AM »
my guess:  YES and your acceptance email went to your spam folder or the postal service lost/got delayed with your acceptance snail mail

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 12:01:15 PM »
I would call the school and tell them you received the email and if they could confirm that the status of your application. They should be able to tell you or whether the decision is on it's way or not.

But it sounds like you're in.  :)

FYI, I got it and I've been accepted already.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

ljl3y

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 02:06:39 AM »
to end the (heartstopping, I know) suspense ...

it's true, I'm in - got the letter today.  it's official.  Boy Florida sounds good right about now (Blizzard in Brooklyn ya know)

thanks all!
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 02:11:21 PM »
to end the (heartstopping, I know) suspense ...

it's true, I'm in - got the letter today.  it's official.  Boy Florida sounds good right about now (Blizzard in Brooklyn ya know)

thanks all!

:D Congrats! Was that an unintentional marketing ploy or what! The timing is hilarious.  There's over a foot of snow right now, I can barely see out my window, it's still coming down and it's 20 degrees.  Oh well, I'm off with the shovel.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie