Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone going to CUNY?  (Read 250 times)

catamount

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
anyone going to CUNY?
« on: February 08, 2006, 04:22:16 PM »
I was accepted to CUNY. I'm still waiting back on a couple of schools, but CUNY is currently top of my list. Any thoughts, rumors, comments?

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
Re: anyone going to CUNY?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 07:56:10 PM »
I'm at CUNY undergrad and know a couple of CUNY Law people.  Any specific Qs?

BTW, Congrats
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

catamount

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:11:38 AM »
Thanks.

Well unfortunately I've read alot of negative rants and raves on this and similar forums, however I know to take the writings with a grain of salt. What is your (and your fellow students') experience with offices such as financial aid, career services, student services? Is the staff helpful? How is the technology of the school (wireless campus, etc.).

I'm coming to Queens in March to sit in on a class, tour the school, and meet with financial aid. Anything that I should take a look at that the school might not steer me toward on a tour?

The public interest curriculum of the school is what really attracts me, so if you have any input on that, it would be helpful.

Thanks again!!

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 04:14:24 PM »
I'm going to CUNY!

I got in last year, but had to defer for a year for financial reasons. (My partner is a law student now and just graduated...there was no way I could be a 1L while she was a 3L, so I deferred.)

I liked the school a lot when I visited and sat in on classes...(and I'll be doing that again soon!)  It just had a relaxed, casual feel and the students were all so progressive and alternative.  It was nice!

Law school is what you make of it...go, study hard, and do well.