Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Admitted Student Days  (Read 7810 times)

magnumalv

Re: Cornell Admitted Student Days
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »
i just got an email saying they were "full" and would accept no more RSVPs

i'm withdrawing there anyway.

SFnative

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2006, 12:19:53 PM »
i just got an email saying they were "full" and would accept no more RSVPs

i'm withdrawing there anyway.

yep me too, but i will at boalt's admit weekend n e ways that same time.

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2006, 05:21:11 PM »
Ok, so I went to the admitted student day this past weekend, and really had a great time in Itaca.  I'm not sure if there's anything I can say that someone from the March 10 day hasn't already said.  If I were to say one thing, its that everyone who has been accepted should strongly consider visiting and attending Cornell.

They really blew me away this weekend and showed me a lot of great things.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to as me.  Perhaps in the next few days, when I'm not as exhausted and lazy, I'll come back and post some details from this weekend.

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2006, 05:23:31 PM »
PS.  I completely agree with the below statement.

Overall, I was impressed and would urge people to seriously consider Cornell over other T14s.

beccabv

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2006, 06:40:42 PM »
So Zeshy, are you headed there?

I'm still going to visit Duke, but I really liked it as well.  I'm so torn at this point...

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »

I'm still going to visit Duke, but I really liked it as well.  I'm so torn at this point...

The way it looks now, it seems like I am headed there.  I'm on a bunch on waitlists, however, and will wait to see how those turn out.  I'd be more than happy to go to Cornell, though, and am really excited to go there in the fall, if thats how everything works out.  Cornell really made a good sales pitch this weekend and it would be hard for me to turn them down. 

Also, I have a good friend who is 1L there and having someone that I'm close with and can help me through things is a big plus.  He had nothing but good things to say about his time at Cornell so far (except that he didn't like living in Hughes, but I guess that's more of a personal preference... I've heard some say that they love it, and some say that they hate it...).

On a side note, during the financial aid session, they said that they began mailing financial aid packages out late last week and will continue to mail them out this week.  Something to keep an eye out for during the week.....

M DOT

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2006, 10:49:29 PM »
just wondering if anyone would be nice enough to tell me when the first deposit is due, im assuming its the 15th of april but ya never know, thanks in advance

Cpac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2006, 11:01:51 PM »
just wondering if anyone would be nice enough to tell me when the first deposit is due, im assuming its the 15th of april but ya never know, thanks in advance

In my booklet it says postmarked by the 17th.

M DOT

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2006, 11:14:07 PM »
good looks cpac  ;)

Cpac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2006, 11:17:57 PM »

The way it looks now, it seems like I am headed there.  I'm on a bunch on waitlists, however, and will wait to see how those turn out.  I'd be more than happy to go to Cornell, though, and am really excited to go there in the fall, if thats how everything works out.  Cornell really made a good sales pitch this weekend and it would be hard for me to turn them down. 

Also, I have a good friend who is 1L there and having someone that I'm close with and can help me through things is a big plus.  He had nothing but good things to say about his time at Cornell so far (except that he didn't like living in Hughes, but I guess that's more of a personal preference... I've heard some say that they love it, and some say that they hate it...).

On a side note, during the financial aid session, they said that they began mailing financial aid packages out late last week and will continue to mail them out this week.  Something to keep an eye out for during the week.....

Thanks for the info about financial aid, I like run home everyday seeing if they sent me something.