Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Response to schools you will not attend  (Read 2330 times)

natsirt

• View Profile
    • Email
Response to schools you will not attend
« on: February 08, 2006, 03:20:43 AM »
I've become very pissed off at Cornell and was thinking about what I will do if I am finally accepted there.  Cornellís status check page has said "Decision" since late December.  I'm thinking if I am ever accepted I will send this series of letters to Cornell over a 6 week period.

Week 1:
Dear Cornell,
I have received your admissions offer.  Thank you for your offer.  Please note that I have received many excellent offers this year and cannot accept all of them.  Each offer will be looked at individually. 
I will send a letter when I have reached my decision.
Again thank you for your interest in me as a student.
Me

Week 2:
Dear Cornell,
It has come to my attention that your file is incomplete for the following reasons:
You lack a scholarship offer.
Please send the missing documents to me as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Me

Week 3:
Dear Cornell,
Your acceptance offer is now complete.  Please understand that my decision making process can take up to 6 weeks from completion date.  Please do not call and badger me.
Thank you,
Me

Week 4:
Dear Cornell,
I have reached a decision.
Me

Week 5:
Dear Cornell,
I still have a decision.  Please wait another week before I tell you what it is. 
Me

Week 6:
Dear Cornell,
I regret to inform you that I have accepted an offer elsewhere.  Perhaps you should have included a better scholarship offer with your file.  Please understand that half of my reason for applying to your school was to state that I had been accepted at an Ivy League law school.
In the future try not to screw around with applications for 2 months for no reason at all.
thank you,
Me

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Response to schools you will not attend
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:02:14 AM »
hahahha that is so great

;D

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »
I've become very pissed off at Cornell and was thinking about what I will do if I am finally accepted there.  Cornellís status check page has said "Decision" since late December.  I'm thinking if I am ever accepted I will send this series of letters to Cornell over a 6 week period.

Week 1:
Dear Cornell,
I have received your admissions offer.  Thank you for your offer.  Please note that I have received many excellent offers this year and cannot accept all of them.  Each offer will be looked at individually. 
Me

Week 2:
Dear Cornell,
It has come to my attention that your file is incomplete for the following reasons:
Thank you,
Me

Week 3:
Dear Cornell,
Your acceptance offer is now complete.  Please understand that my decision making process can take up to 6 weeks from completion date.  Please do not call and badger me.
Thank you,
Me

Week 4:
Dear Cornell,
Me

Week 5:
Dear Cornell,
I still have a decision.  Please wait another week before I tell you what it is. 
Me

Week 6:
Dear Cornell,
I regret to inform you that I have accepted an offer elsewhere.  Perhaps you should have included a better scholarship offer with your file.  Please understand that half of my reason for applying to your school was to state that I had been accepted at an Ivy League law school.
In the future try not to screw around with applications for 2 months for no reason at all.
thank you,
Me

That's hysterical.
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

what?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:48:42 AM »
At least you are at decision.
166/3.8

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:25:33 AM »
Classical, I love it!
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

ó Sir James Matthew Barrie

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 11:07:18 AM »
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 11:38:05 AM »
I'd like to cosign this.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 07:37:56 PM »
nice  ;D
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »

Week 1:
Dear Cornell,
Me

Week 2:
Dear Cornell,
Thank you,
Me

Week 3:
Dear Cornell,
Thank you,
Me

Week 4:
Dear Cornell,
Me

Week 5:
Dear Cornell,
Me

Week 6:
Dear Cornell,
thank you,
Me

JaimeNina

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 07:53:43 PM »
If they made a decision inn December and nothing has come yet, it sounds likely that the letter was lost in the mail.  Will they resend it?