Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm cancelling  (Read 827 times)

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
I'm cancelling
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:13:32 PM »
This blows...

FT Lurker

• View Profile
Re: I'm cancelling
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:01:41 PM »
Lot's of debate for some people on this in the last few days.  Anybody else come up with a decision? 

I'm extremely torn on cancelling myself.  Did well on LR and RC i think, but games...

Totally blanked on setting up: T/W , R/S on that damned birds game.

could have missed 2, could have missed 5, and I'm not entirely sure I nailed all of the intern/floors game.

Thing is, I'm not a great game master anyway, but I completely feel like this game section was up for grabs for everyone, including me if I would have been better focused, and most people I know, good gamers or not, thought it was pretty easy. 

Another thing for me is, I took something like 23 practice tests, and almost all (but one) of the 2004-2005 tests, and studied LGB.  Bascially, If I want to cancel about all I have to study is the LRB, about 5 post 2003 LSAT's, including Dec 2005 (as well as five early 90's easy tests), and my old (covered) material, which I could simply go over again.

That meager amount and 4 months to wait  ??? Thoughts  ??? Ugh, less than 165 and that damn birds game will haunt me forever  >:(

d_y_ze

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 12:58:08 AM »
The birds game got me as well, missed the rule about the 2 birds needing to be together.. how sad.. it was so easy

Restudying the same material should not be too bad..

If early 160s is in the median range for the schools of your choice, and your gpa is strong, I would probably not cancel.

Friends and family says don't cancel. Everyone on the board advises to cancel. No decision yet.

Lot's of debate for some people on this in the last few days.  Anybody else come up with a decision? 

I'm extremely torn on cancelling myself.  Did well on LR and RC i think, but games...

Totally blanked on setting up: T/W , R/S on that damned birds game.

could have missed 2, could have missed 5, and I'm not entirely sure I nailed all of the intern/floors game.

Thing is, I'm not a great game master anyway, but I completely feel like this game section was up for grabs for everyone, including me if I would have been better focused, and most people I know, good gamers or not, thought it was pretty easy. 

Another thing for me is, I took something like 23 practice tests, and almost all (but one) of the 2004-2005 tests, and studied LGB.  Bascially, If I want to cancel about all I have to study is the LRB, about 5 post 2003 LSAT's, including Dec 2005 (as well as five early 90's easy tests), and my old (covered) material, which I could simply go over again.

That meager amount and 4 months to wait  ??? Thoughts  ??? Ugh, less than 165 and that damn birds game will haunt me forever  >:(

Stacked-I

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 03:52:19 AM »
I can empathize with all of you folks. My family advises not to cancel, but they do not realize how important this test is LSAT. A poor score is around for a long time.

Furthermore, I also cannot decide between cancelling and hoping to reapply to a top tier school again next year, or attending another school this year. I really want to go to school in fall '06, but I also want to go to OSU or GW. With a poor score, both would be out of the question. However, with a cancelled score, I would be bound to wait until fall '07.

Decisions are never easy...........Good luck to all.

techguru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
Wow- I am 60% certain that I am going to keep the score.
I missed approximately 20-25 questions. 
I had an exceptional situation an abrasive proctor; she paced nervously over my desk for the majority of the test.

Am I crazy to keep the score?
It is difficult to entertain the idea of waiting another year for L1 Admission.
Would anyone here, definitively, cancel with such an exceptional test situation?

d_y_ze

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »
I also had issue with my proctor, on the last section he decided I was cheating because I had my answer sheet on the desk next to me (which they told us was fine) and decided he would SQUAT down to STARE at me for rest of the test, I was at an aisle seat so he was that close that he was breathing on me) needless to say this affected my concentration severely.. I go back and forth but am pretty sure I will keep my score due to I need to get in asap, so I guess it all comes down to how badly you want in fall 06. My plan at this point is to get in and transfer as I am certain I can do well in 1L, provided no one breathes on me again on finals.

Wow- I am 60% certain that I am going to keep the score.
I missed approximately 20-25 questions. 
I had an exceptional situation an abrasive proctor; she paced nervously over my desk for the majority of the test.

Am I crazy to keep the score?
It is difficult to entertain the idea of waiting another year for L1 Admission.
Would anyone here, definitively, cancel with such an exceptional test situation?

d_y_ze

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 01:18:37 PM »
I guess I've considered this, and I figure if I am really not cut out for doing well, then it's just not meant to be. My experience has shown otherwise.. but a good point well made.

My plan at this point is to get in and transfer as I am certain I can make top of my class, provided no one breathes on me again on finals.

Plan to enjoy 3 years wherever you enter law school. It is great to be optimistic, but everyone thinks they can "turn-it-up" in law school, and 90% of the class predicts a top 10% finish. You might get it, but don't count on it.

FT Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »
Update:

Just sent my cancellation form in.  Came down to this for me:  there were questions that I missed that I simply won't miss next time.  I was worried about 160-166 after testing in the 170's and next time I'm going to worry about 166-172+.  Long hard road back into hell for me...

Wish me luck in June, I hope that I won't need it. 

techguru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 01:25:50 AM »
I decided not to cancel.

Law School is real important to me, but I will not let this break me.
Everything happens for a reason. 

I believe the will of my future will be revealed in the score.
I have put enough time and energy into the LSAT.
The Proctor had no right to act this way with you, not from what you stated.

Hang in there.  I am also open to a transfer option.  It is not that difficult to transfer.

I was in the 155-160 range.
After the Proctor hit me with her coat over a dozen times, I was starting to wonder?
What is this all about?

We shall see...

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »
Techguru, which school is your top choice?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin