Law School Discussion

$$$ at Texas

Re: $$$ at Texas
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 04:43:40 PM »
I got the same letters today (one week after receiving my acceptance).  The first encouraged me to attend, and the second offered me in state tuition and $5000 a year.  Unfortunately, they want a decision by April 1, and I doubt I'll have even visited everywhere by then.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 06:22:49 PM »
They also have a scholarship matching program.  If you receive other offers then send them in and they will review them on a case by case basis.  Wish I knew how they reacted to other acceptances (if at all).

lululu

• Lola is a badger!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 09:51:50 PM »
I wonder how they look at ranking when they consider other scholarship offers.  I've gotten about 5 full scholarship offers, three from 3rd tier schools and 2 from schools ranked 90-100 ... these might not make a difference.

rhythmbomb

• ON WISCONSIN!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 11:26:56 PM »
I wonder how they look at ranking when they consider other scholarship offers.  I've gotten about 5 full scholarship offers, three from 3rd tier schools and 2 from schools ranked 90-100 ... these might not make a difference.

No, they have to be schools ranked higher than Texas.

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »
Yea, figure they would have to be higher ranked schools, especially for other states, but anyone know (or think they have an idea) if they'd consider Baylor/SMU/UH scholarships?

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »
Yea, figure they would have to be higher ranked schools, especially for other states, but anyone know (or think they have an idea) if they'd consider Baylor/SMU/UH scholarships?

no way they would for matching.

if you are borderline for a scholarship at Texas anyways and you got a full ride from a lower ranked school, then MIGHT consider giving you something- but nothing near a match (IMO)

what?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 10:14:01 PM »
Their website says they do "percentage" matching, probably meaning that if you get money from a school ranked 1-14, they will match it or beat it.  If you get money from 16 to I would guess about 25 they will give you a percentage, e.g. if you get 20K at Wash U Texas may give you 5 large.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 07:42:42 AM »
That sounds about right to me rocky. I'd never expect them to match Baylor/SMU, but if it can get me the ever popular $5k, I'll be happy because $15k is $15k more than I would have had!