Law School Discussion

$$$ at Texas

$$$ at Texas
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:05:16 PM »
Got into Texas and then received a letter offering some $$$.  Does anyone know if these offers are final?

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: $$$ at Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »
what do you mean by final?

they do have a matching program- but that will depend on the other offers you have from other schools.

if you have an offer that you think is better, send it to them and see what they say.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:09:07 PM »
The letters weren't far apart and I forgot to mention that I also received a third letter urging me to accept their offer.  The letter then went on about why UT is great.

I guess by "final" I was wondering if anyone knew if UT has ever come back with more than their initial offer and under what circumstances.

Queen of Miami

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 03:47:36 PM »
take UCLA. Texas is backwards and the weather is hot/humid or hot/dry year roound. I got out of TExas asap.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:16:25 PM »
meh Austin is arguably the least backward city in the state- i'm only looking forward to getting out of texas b/c i've been here all my life

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 06:34:02 PM »
I think we're getting off topic.

Queen of Miami

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
I think we're getting off topic.

Go west young man! Haven't you been told? California's full of women, whiskey, and GOLD!

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »
I got a little $ (5k a year) at Texas. Got the letter about 2 weeks after accepted. Does anyone think I could use an acceptance at Chicago (no $ yet) to get a little more?

rhythmbomb

• ON WISCONSIN!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
Never ask a man if he's from Texas.  If he is you'll know soon enough, and if he isn't you'll just embarrass him.

lululu

• Lola is a badger!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »
I received a letter offering 5K a year.  The letter also mentioned that they would be sending a financial aid letter that "will provide information about other aid (grants and loans for which you are eligible."  So I'm assuming there is a possibility for more $$ down the road in the form of possible grants.  Seems like 5K is a fairly common amount for UT...