Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lewis and clark travel $$  (Read 881 times)

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
lewis and clark travel $$
« on: February 07, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »
got into lewis and clark today, with an $8k/year scholarship.  plus they offered me up to $350 to come visit them in portland.  more schools should offer that kind of travel money...

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: lewis and clark travel $$
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »
i just wish L&C was a higher-ranked law school, cause Portland seems great...

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »
They offered it b/c you are far above their medians and they need some really good students to go there, get rich, and kick down some money to the school.

That school offers so little scholarship money, it's pitiful. 

I love Portland, but I couldn't see paying that much for a school no one here in the midwest (where I plan to practice) has ever heard of.

wdrhoads

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:01:29 AM »
hey vinyl, i got that same offer, scholarship w/ the travel money. generous of them and a good move but $350 doesn't go to far to get from one coast to the other and then pay for a hotel room and drinks.  still...i wonder if it is worth going for the free trip to portland.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 02:19:04 PM »
If you don't intend on going to Lewis and Clark, let someone else get to visit who might not be able to afford to do it otherwise. :)

Bouzie1982

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »
If you don't intend on going to Lewis and Clark, let someone else get to visit who might not be able to afford to do it otherwise. :)

Bringing a year old post back to life but...

received my acceptance packet today and was offered a very large scholarship and 500 toward travel expenses for their admitted students day.  I'm super thrilled with the offer but I'm not sure if I should go, I am traveling soooooo much in March and two trancontinental flights in a two week stretch could be problematic, even if they both are free.

Is anyone going to their March admitted students day?  I think I'd be more likely to go if I could find someone to hang out with while Im there ;)

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »
If I get in I'm 90% sure I'll go to it, of course I JUST applied to them so I'm sure it will be awhile before I hear back :/

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:55 AM »
Yeah, I wish more law schools would do it. One of the physics graduate schools I got into offered airfare + travel expenses reimbursed, limo (!) service from the airport to the 3 star hotel (free of course), and complimentary meals

I'm going even though I don't love the school because it's practically a mini-vacation  ;D

Bouzie1982

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
Yeah, I wish more law schools would do it. One of the physics graduate schools I got into offered airfare + travel expenses reimbursed, limo (!) service from the airport to the 3 star hotel (free of course), and complimentary meals

I'm going even though I don't love the school because it's practically a mini-vacation  ;D

Maybe that's is why more law schools dont offer this type of deal ;)

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 10:16:47 AM »

Maybe that's is why more law schools dont offer this type of deal ;)

Good point, I think University of Hawaii would see a surge in applications  :D